This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Something else to think about in bread.  (Read 1549 times)

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
Something else to think about in bread.
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
I don't have the link, but there's a story on Yahoo on Subway (the Sub place). They are going to discontinue adding another ingredient to some of their breads. It's called Azodicarbonamide. This stuff is probably a cousin to the BVO & bromide that I mention in another thread in here (Bread-post #1 and Bread-post #2).

With all this junk in the flours of bread, and the GMO properties of wheat, no wonder wheat, bread, & flour have become our enemies when consumed! It does a body no good when it's part of a persons meal.

Still on the job of cleaning out the pantry of everything that has to go. Thought I had been a conscious reader of labels, but apparently not; since reading Dr. D's books, I've become much more educated on what to avoid. This journey will continue for as long as it takes.

Just found the article. It's in Yahoo finance, titled "That chemical Subway ditched? Yep, it's everywhere.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chemical-subway-ditched-yep-everywhere-184741616.html
Since I do so poorly at making links here, it might be better to just go to Yahoo Finance & type in the title in their search bar. HTH.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:32:26 PM by ldyrdr4311 »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Something else to think about in bread.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
Yikes!

But you know, I thought that article was good news, because of the growing pressure from consumers to get this sort of crap out of our food. 

totalcleansedetoxdiet

• Hey there! Thanks for having me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
Yeah, super gross.  And to consider that 7 years ago, I ate subway most days of the week, thinking it was a healthy move.  Turns out the bread is a playground for preservatives and all kinds of other nasties.  Truth be told, most of these 'secret ingredients' are all around us - even in the unsuspecting places.  That's why (other than bread), I'm growing all my own produce in my giant backyard garden.
current research - parasite cleanse diet

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »

Sponsored Links