This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: New Cookbook Dessert!  (Read 1529 times)

Loanne

• View Profile
New Cookbook Dessert!
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
I looked for a topic to put this in, but Recipes seemed best.  I tried the Lemon Mousse dessert recipe from Dr. Davis' new cookbook over the weekend...it's wonderful!  Very simple, but decadent!  Only ingredients are Phila. Cream Cheese (softened), cream, sweetener, lemon juice and zest.  I think there's some vanilla in it, too.  But if any of you haven't tried it and have a yen for something very tasty...this is it!!

Lila

• View Profile
Re: New Cookbook Dessert!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
I haven't done any of the recipes from the new book, but I will definitely try this one out. I'm not much on sweets (except I'm loving the ice creams I make with coconut milk), but I know DH will love this.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
Mmmmmm!

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »
I have trouble finding a sweetener that doesn't taste "off" ... I used Truvia in this, 2 packets.  One packet is probably plenty.  Think I'll go back to Stevia drops...it seems to work best without the aftertaste.  The lemon really adds to the flavor in this...I love it!  Maybe too much!  :)

LeighZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »
Lemon desserts are my favorite so I was thrilled to see this recipe!  I don't have the book, so I guessed at the measurements, tasting along the way and making adjustments as needed.  It came out really good and I will definitely be making this again.  I used Swerve to sweeten it a bit.  I've never had a funky aftertaste with it, but have with other sweeteners.  I'm trying to reduce the need for sweeteners at all.  Before reading Wheat Belly, I couldn't get enough sugar and wondered why I was starving all the time.  Thanks for posting this!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »

Sponsored Links