This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hello from Wheatless in Seattle  (Read 1921 times)

Wheatless in Seattle

• G&SF since Sept 2012
    • View Profile
Hello from Wheatless in Seattle
« on: April 30, 2013, 05:15:06 PM »
Hi, everyone.  Rita, thanks for creating this forum.  I read the WB blog almost daily, and this helps a great deal, too.
My wheat/grain free journey began September 2012.  My sister had found WB blog and forwarded the link.  At the recommendation of Louise Hay, we had both attempted to go wheat/dairy/sugar free since January 2012, but had resorted to gluten-free substitutes, so we weren't very successful staying with it nor losing weight.  I now understand why.
I'm 61 years old.  I've lost about 30# since September - effortlessly.  I'm enjoying cooking for the first times in years and look forward to meals.  Although I didn't have any serious health problems before WB (thank God!), I was overweight, sluggish, had poor digestion, etc.  Now, I've been told I'm 'radiant'.  I do feel better and my health stats at my recent wellness exam support that.  My Naturopath was impressed and supportive.  I have a dental exam soon and cannot wait to see what the hygienist doesn't find.
What I notice most is that I have sustained energy through my day.  I no longer have a 3pm slump where I go looking for a snack to keep me going. I drink coffee in the morning, but I don't need that pick me up in the afternoon. 
I recommend Wheat Belly - when asked - but only one other person in my life besides my sister has actually started the wheat-free life.  The rest just stare or say things like, "Poor you, you can't have wheat."  I just smile.  I don't miss grain at all.
Thanks again!

arlin

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Wheatless in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
Again, welcome to the forum wheatless. You have had a very successful experience so far. Your story should be an inspiration to anyone who knows you. "Poor you?" Hardly! I hope I have as much success as you've had. So far, so good.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Welcome!  ( Love the username you selected for yourself )  :)

Congrats on the 30 pounds and all the health improvements.  That's great!

Rita, thanks for creating this forum.

You are welcome

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:36:45 AM by Rita »

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »
Welcome, Wheatless in Seattle! Impressive results so far! May I ask whether you made any changes in addition to losing the wheat, dairy, and sugar? I'm wondering because I've lost a lot of inches but just a few pounds since January 2013. I feel great, but I'm still at least 40 lbs overweight. I don't eat a lot of dairy, but I'm thinking what little I do have is enough to prevent weight loss.

Wheatless in Seattle

• G&SF since Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »
Hi, Joan.  I didn't really change much except eliminating the grains, which also caused me to eliminate processed foods.  I still drink wine regularly, and I eat dairy again, but mostly in the form of butter and cheese (boy, do I love cheese!). But I'm lucky in that I have a normal thyroid and many people, my sister included, have trouble losing the weight because of thyroid issues.  I didn't lose much weight in the first 2 months, just a couple of pounds.  Then, beginning in the 3rd month it just sort of fell off me.  I think that's because my system balanced out with all the real, healthful food I eat.  My weight has stabilized although I could probably lose another 10# to be at 'ideal' weight on someone's chart.  But I'm happy with how I feel  - which is foremost - and how I look.  I think I'm a little more active because I feel better, but my exercise program consists mainly of walking a few miles a week and rearranging furniture. :)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »
Welcome Wheatless.....love the name!

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
Thank you, Wheatless--that's exactly the sort of detail I was looking for. I'm hoping that with a few more dietary tweaks, the weight will start falling off.  :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »

Sponsored Links