This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: One month in...  (Read 4670 times)

arlin

• View Profile
One month in...
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:55 AM »
Good morning everyone! I won't bore you all on a month to month basis, but this is my one month "anniversary" of going wheat free so I thought I'd share the journey so far. It's nice to have a place to celebrate the little victories when most people "out there' think you're a little nuts! LOL

5 LBS lost

3" lost in waistline

blood sugar readings fairly consistantly between 75 and 100-no meds (only the rare 2-3 points above 100 in the morning

No more feelings of hunger

gastro-intestinal issues all but gone

Sleeping much better. Deeper. Not even changing position at night for the most part.

No more foggy brain

No more depression. Feeling a lot more positive about life in general.

No more CONSTANT negative thinking. Not every thought is a good one of course, but the endless negative chatter is gone

Enjoying the taste of food again

A general, overall feeling of well-being

A sense of calm

I'm feeling better than I have in years. And every day I'm grateful that I stumbled upon that little 5 minute video clip that lead me to Dr. Davis and this wheat-free way of life. Thank you all for the support you give here. And the tips, recipes, and guidance to those of us just starting out.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: One month in...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:25 AM »
Great results Arlin!!!

Thanks for sharing.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:08:32 AM »
YAY!! A great one-month report Lin !!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »
Thanks guys!! Wish I'd lost as many more inches in the next three weeks as I did that first week. I think it's so odd that I lost almost three inches in one week, then only another 1/2" in the next three. Must be the nature of the beast.  ;D But I'm thrilled non the less and also happy to see five pounds go!

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:46 AM »
Great results! And isn't it amazing that so many people are reporting the unexpected benefits of mental clarity, well-being, and calmness?

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »
Yes!! Right now that's even more important to me than the weight loss. I just wanna FEEL good!! I imagine there are all kinds of benefits that haven't even been addressed yet.

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:44 AM »
Good for you!  That's awesome!  I was reading your list and mentally checking off the "me too" items, lol.  I started down this road for one reason, to hopefully fix my worsening GI issues (colitis).  Not only did it pretty much eliminate that, but I too discovered many benefits that I never expected. 

The biggest surprise was with sleep.  I swear I hadn't had a decent night's sleep (or an unmedicated one) in YEARS.  I was taking anti-anxiety meds along with up to four OTC sleeping pills a night and even THAT was barely helping.  About three weeks in I somehow forgot to take my meds one night and woke up the next morning having slept like a baby all night long.  That was about two months ago.

I think that's what really convinced me that this was the real deal.  Sometimes it's easy to rationalize your results when it's what you're working and hoping for (the whole placebo effect syndrome.)  But when something happens that you hadn't even considered...well, that was all the proof I needed. 

And one more thing...reading the WBB yesterday about the headaches.  It hadn't even occurred to me, but I don't think I've had a single headache since being WF.  Not that they were frequent before, but they've never been non-existent for THREE months, that's for sure!

~Teresa

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
Ah, sleep. I still don't sleep well on a regular basis. Last night I slept great...think it might have been the Ancient Minerals magnesium gel I rubbed on my arm yesterday, but that doesn't always help either.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
Thanks Teresa  :)

I agree with you re the good night's sleep. Everything seems better for having been sleeping more soundly. It's wonderful to wake up relaxed, refreshed and ready to face a new day! I feel more energized.

I'm sorry you're not sleeping that well deanna. I hope you will find something that works consistently for you soon. I'm trying to stay off the computer close to bedtime, and also have a break from the TV when bedtime rolls around.  I think that's helping some too. I often will just lay back in a chair with the lights dim and think quiet, meditative thoughts before bed.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
Thanks Arlin. Dr. jack Kruse advocates that...no light in your eyes before bedtime. I get off the computer around 5:00 or so, but we do watch tv til bedtime.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
NO more TV after dinner for you Missy!!  ;D

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
lol...

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »
Deanna,

Look up "sleep hygiene" for good rules to follow for a good night's sleep. One that most people don't follow is no screens for an hour before bedtime. That means no tv, no computer, no tablet, no last check of Facebook on the smart phone, etc. The interaction with electronics stimulates the parts of the brain that need to shut down for a restful sleep.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »
Thanks Randal...I'll check that out!

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 06:30:31 AM »
I take melatonin when I think I might have trouble falling asleep.  I never thought in a million years that it would work for me since even the most aggressive Rx sleep meds didn't work.  But it did, and there are no side effects that I am aware of.  If I had to get up for some reason an hour after I fell asleep I would feel perfectly normal, no grogginess or medicine head at all. 
~Teresa

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
It would take too much space to list the many things that have improved for me since starting WB last November. Better sleep, better attitude, no tummy issues, and on and on.  I'm down 46 lbs now..no weight lost this past week, but that's OK.  I'm not judging my success on weight loss.  That's just a byproduct of eating what my body needs now.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »

Sponsored Links