This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: No more nerve pain  (Read 1251 times)

CynBK

• View Profile
No more nerve pain
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »
Hi.  I started the wheat-free diet 3 weeks ago, and I'm ecstatic that after suffering for years, the nerve pain in my face is gone!  It would get so bad sometimes that the pain would nauseate me to a point of being bed-ridden.  My left eye was always dry and red.  Now no more eye drops!  The dark circles under my eyes are gone too.  My eyes look more vibrant and youthful.  A few days ago I ate pasta, and hours later that facial nerve pain came back.  So now I know it's definitely the wheat.  I'm so used to the discomfort that it felt weird to feel normal.  Now I can't go back to wheat, and I don't want to, no matter how delicious that pizza looks.  When I see wheat foods I see pain. 

I don't follow the Wheat Belly diet exactly.  I don't have a weight problem but I have very high triglycerides and inflammation.  I also wake up in the middle of the night because of falling blood sugar.  I think it's metabolic syndrome.   I'm hoping to fix that.

I highly recommend 5-HTP if you have sweet cravings.  It makes a bakery look like a shoe repair shop.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: No more nerve pain
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »
Welcome!  And wow!   I haven't heard about severe facial nerve pain like that yet, but it makes perfect sense.

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:24:21 PM »
I gave up pizza too -- but only for 9 months. Because that's when I discovered Wheat Free Market. You can buy their pizza dough (no wheat, relatively low carbs), add your toppings, and you've got pizza again. This WOE is really quite easy once you get over the fact that you can live easily and happily without all those poisons.

Silly Human

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:37:06 AM »
That is wonderful. I have lumbar stuff, and the nerve pain got incredibly better too.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:37:06 AM »

Sponsored Links