This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Still very little results  (Read 2628 times)

Mistyblue

• View Profile
Still very little results
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:57:17 AM »
Well, it has been a year since I started this wheatfree lifestyle and my weight belly is still there. I am at least 35 lbs overweight  and yes, it was my main reason for picking up the book stating " lose the wheat, Lise the weight". I guess I was lucky that I had very few health issues so don't see a major improvement in the few ailments that I have i.e. Sore knees, back. I have tried most of the things that are suggested when weight loss doesn't occur. Frankly, I am tired of the 'try this, try that'!! I plan to go back to my "Simply for Life" coach ( successful plan in the past but didn't stick with it) but at least I lost weight.

Good luck to everyone here. I think that there is no one magic bullet, basically it is what works for you and makes you feel well. I cannot support a WOE that simply does not work for me!

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
It is often not just about the wheat
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:00:41 AM »
> Well, it has been a year since I started this wheatfree lifestyle and my weight belly is still there.

Since you didn't mention it, have you worked down the checklist?
WBB (2012-10): I lost the wheat, but didn’t lose weight: 2

Also check the newer videos on the same topic.
WBB (2014-02): Wheat Belly video FAQs:
I lost the wheat, but didn’t lose the weight
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Lila

• View Profile
Re: Still very little results
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:32:14 AM »
My weight loss has been really slow, in 7 months I have lost about 21 pounds. Averaging 3 pounds per month. I have lots to go, but as long as the scale is moving in the right direction and I'm still feeling great, I am not going to complain. much.

It is hard to believe I could maintain my (over) weight eating as much as I did and not lose it a lot faster even with the huge reduction in what I consume. I used to eat honey buns, donuts, sub sandwiches, bags of chips and cheetos, and not gain any weight (but I was very, very heavy to begin with). It is hard to believe that just by cutting out all that stuff I'm not losing faster.

I have thyroid issues and while my endocrinologist and I are on the right track with the meds, I think thyroid is playing a role in holding me back.

I feel so much better now I'm not even thinking about that bag of cheetos...or honey buns (which I used to LOVE and CRAVE). What I like more than anything is not bingeing. If I never lost another pound, that would be worth it for me.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »
I reported that my Dr had lowered my Armour to 90 mcg. Also he's put me on a Standard Process supplement protocol for candida and my stomach is going down! Now that's exciting. It's really important to address candida. It STOPS weight loss and messes with your health

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
Suz,
My chiro used to prescribe standard process supplements.....which one did your doctor prescribe for candida?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:33:04 PM »
Misty,

Whatever is impeding your weight loss is an issue that must be addressed.  As Suzhookem just stated, she has finally been able to overcome a severe candida problem and her weight is now adjusting.  Finding the "key" will be critical for long term normal weight and health.  Many different modalities need to be tried to determine what works for you.  Professional guidance is often important.  Best wishes to you.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »
Misty-

I'm just learning about the mineral selenium, and how that can boost thyroid function.  Brazil nuts are very high in selenium ( and because of that you should keep intake to no more than 3 or 4 per day).

Here's an article that might be worth reading:
http://chriskresser.com/selenium-the-missing-link-for-treating-hypothyroidism

And actually, if candida is an issue, there is also a theory that candida is caused by high levels of mercury.  Selenium also happens to be a substance that binds to mercury, thus removing mercury from the body.

Might be worth eating a few Brazil nuts every day.   It's supposed to help heart health too.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »
Jan,

Gut Flora Complex, Vitanox, Prebiotic Inulin and ProSymbiotic and a very complicated way of taking them. Some Dr in Australia did the protocol and my Dr was very impressed with the reports he read. Also, it involves eating clean which I'm already doing. I've just got my fingers crossed that it works. God knows I've tried everything else.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

Sponsored Links