This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Earthing  (Read 3850 times)

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
Earthing
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:47:57 AM »
I was so disappointed there was nothing new on WFF and I was up early too. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to let y'all know that we have been using our earthing sheet for 5 nights now and the results of DH's snoring is the same. Silent night! It's heaven. I was able to sleep on my right hip which I haven't been able to do for years. Of course I've been earthing for almost 2 weeks with the mat I bought. I've sent some earthing patches to my DIL as my grand daughter has a fracture from track. Now if they will just use them as directed (enclosed) we'll see what happens. Earthing is supposed to be good for inflammation and is so far living up to it's hype. Check it out at earthing.com or earthinginstitute.net. You might be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Earthing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »
Suzhookam,

Glad to read that this mat is helping you get a restful nights' sleep.  Good recommendation!
Another little bit of help to "right" your system.  All the efforts you have made have taken a long time to happen, but they are happening.  Agonizingly slowly, but still happening.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »
Thanks Barbara 😄 I'm hopeful

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 05:55:23 PM »
Keep posting the progress...I'm weighing whether to make the investment.

Maybe I would quit snoring and gnashing my teeth.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:02 PM »
Apparently there are earthing shoes too:  http://www.juil.com

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 03:15:50 AM »
I have a few pairs of the Juil flip-flops and while they're comfortable, they do turn the bottoms of your toes a blackish/green color. 8)    Makes interesting yogatoes......
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:52:22 AM by Jan in Key West »

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Lila, if you purchase from Amazon you have their regular return program. It does say it eliminates the grinding of teeth. This is something I've always done. My DH is still not snoring and the blessed silence is nice when I'm fighting to go to sleep each night. Hopefully it will finally help me change my sleep patterns!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
As the swelling in your sinuses goes down, the snoring will too.   I've found that GABA supplements help calm down my system and it relaxes me.  I sleep better too and stay asleep longer.  This is gamma amino butyric  acid and is often used as a calmative to ease tension, such as in your facial muscles used to grind your teeth.  I also use saline solution spray to keep my sinuses moist.  That helps too.  The saline solution is the store brand, nothing fancy.  Works just fine.

I'm tempted to purchase the Earthing sheet or perhaps the pillow case or mat.  I've read the reviews on Amazon and they seem to like the product, but find the the sheets don't really wear well and might not even last the 10 months the web site says it will.  My thinking is that the pillow case will have less wear and tear since I don't wear earrings at night and I can easily wash it by hand, hopefully prolonging the lifespan. 

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
Barbara, I also read the reviews and the cost for 10 months is $14. If the sheets are half as good as people say it's worth it to me. There are people all over the world using them and just a few complaints. All the things I've purchased seem to be made every well and I'm quite happy to have them.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »
Suzhookem,

Thanks for your comments.  Appreciate it.  It is hard to know if these things are really worth while unless you have a personal recommendation.  I have a Teslar watch which I wore for several years.  It has a special chip that replicates the Earth's energy.  Very subtle, but it was relaxing.

Since that time, the utility companies have installed 65' poles and very heavy electric/fiber optic cables through out my area and  2 huge communication reception towers (which are supposed to look like trees) so I'm sure there is a lot of electromagnetic pollution in the air. 
I'll keep you posted.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:55:09 PM »
Thanks for the all the good info on the earthing mats.....my husband had to get a mouth guard to wear at night due to fact that he severely grinds his teeth and is annihilating a crown. He hates wearing it so I showed him your posts, along with the site and he's willing to give it a try. We're starting out with the pillowcases.....

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
You'll have to let us know how that works.   My son always has his iTouch on and is listening to music with earplugs in.   Then, he's charging all his devices on the headboard of his bed.

Like Barbara, I was reading the reviews on amazon.  The sheets and pillow cases don't seem to last that long.  Still debating between the mat and the pillow cases.  ( And in all seriousness, I got to stop spending money, since I just bought fermenting jars too ).

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
Will let you know....should arrive in a few days. My concern was mainly the fabric and whether or not they would be stiff and/or scratchy.....I can handle a scratchy pillow more than scratchy sheets!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:02 AM »
This is our third night of using the Earthing pillow cases and the one noticeable improvement for me has been less interrupted sleep and today, I even slept one hour longer than usual. (I strive for 7 to 8 hours). As far as my husband's teeth grinding....since he's a silent grinder, it will be hard to tell until he's been seen by our dentist. BTW, the fabric is soft.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 08:14:07 AM »
On third week of earthing and DH shocked me when he sent a text that the ⚡️sheet was working (lol) because he said he felt awake when he got up and has more energy than usual. That was really hard for him! He was really skeptical too.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »
Randal,

Just think of all the people doing yoga on beaches and tai chi on lawns.  The subtle balancing energy that happens is very relaxing.   The Earthing mat tries to reproduce this relaxed harmony with ourselves, our energy and the natural energies of the Earth.  Even the Budwig Protocol recommendation of flax oil and cultured organic cottage cheese is designed to reset the subtle electrical energy of our body and in doing so, calms your system so it can work properly.  Never before have we humans been subjected to so much electrical energy combined with processed, barely nutritious food.

Even our daylight savings time laws takes us away from the natural cycles of the earth.    Every time we remove ourselves from the natural earth rhythms we suffer from dis-harmony in some manner.  Musicians know this.  Harmonic music is soothing while dis-harmonic music is irritating.
While you are walking on grass or swimming in the ocean, keep noticing the harmonious sensations of calm and peace you might feel.  Even your ability to sleep is affected.  Nothing hippie about this.   8)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »
It's nice having the archives to look at, even though the forum has quieted down.   I'm thinking about purchasing an earthing mat for my son as a gift.   It was good to go back and read the comments on that.  :)

I'm still having second thoughts on the mat.   Flexible foam mats like that usually have phthalates in them. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »

Sponsored Links