This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Slo-Niacin Stimulates Weight Loss?  (Read 1787 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Slo-Niacin Stimulates Weight Loss?
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
Several days ago I started taking 2 Slo-Niacin tabs per day. All of a sudden I've lost 3 pounds. I know, I know, it could just be dehydration (although I've been trying to hydrate more, per Dr. Davis' recommendations when taking Slo-Niacin). I have some flushing and hot flashes, but not severe.

Anybody have any experience with Slo-Niacin or Niaspan?

Trying to get my LDL particle numbers down.  Walking too since the weather is sooooo pretty.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Slo-Niacin Stimulates Weight Loss?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »
Hi Lila,

It takes time for your body to adjust to the niacin.  You can take 1 tablet daily for a few days or a week and then increase it to 2 tabs.  Known as B3, it is water soluble and helps your body utilize the carbs you eat for more energy.  I'm not an expert, but it helps your entire digestive tract, and lowers cholesterol levels.  I found that I feel more energetic when I take niacin supplements.  "Perked up" a little bit is how I would describe the feeling. 

With the weather up here improving, I started my walking again.  Walked 2 miles without being the least bit tired.
This is where I left off last December before all the really cold, snowy weather started.  I'm guessing that the niacin is just another little bit of help.  I don't need to lose any weight, but sure like the extra energy I have.   

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Slo-Niacin Stimulates Weight Loss?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »

Sponsored Links