This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Food Politics  (Read 82172 times)

healthseeker2014

• View Profile
Re: Food Politics
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »
health and food industries really seem perverse in america.  this really make me angry and pessmistic .  i think it is annoying that so much tempting foods at the supermarket out there are of gmo/wheat derivative.  i mean i go to shop and hard to find tasty food that organic.  i mean i would eat heirloom wheat but that's not even available.

and i been sick before from foods that were wheat/gmo so i keep reminding myself that they are just not worth it.

and food industry hasn't really stepped up in delivering organic tasty alternatives. so no more pizza, dumpling, and so on.  really sad for taste buds...

i heard about the talk with the corrupted money making cycle. food industry make people unhealthy aand sick and they in turn take drug to treat symptoms but not the cause. and thus the never ending cycle continues till you hit the grave that is.  now something just evil right there. 

enough physicians have spoke on this topic: hyman, mercola, oz.

and to think the government can be bribed by likes of monsanto.  america has a very dark side right there. and to make monsanto's influence allowed to spread across the globe. truly a grand evil.  if i can, i would nuke their hq, would take management years to recover and greatly disrupt their sinister plans to kill us.   :)

europe as a whole doesn't seem as easy to corrupt in terms of putting dangerous food on the market. what the **** is wrong with america?!

do we need to reform this ****** government or something?  nothing seems to be going right!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2014, 02:37:22 AM »
healthseeker,

Europe is not so far behind America in corruption and illnesses.  You think that European corporations don't sell poisonous pesticides, animal feeds, GMO seeds and similar?  You think that they don't use every kind of scheme they can think of to increase their profitability?  You think that their governments don't accept bribes?  That their banks are honest in all their dealings?  Try reading a local newspaper.  EVERY European country has a dark side that is not publicized. 

What is wrong with America you ask?  MONEY.  What is wrong with Europe?  MONEY.  What is wrong with China? MONEY   What is wrong with Africa?  MONEY.  The entire world chases money and power.  Not just here in America.  We have a free press so you are able to read and see pictures more often.  Our protests are vocal and posted all over the world because of our freedoms. 

Our food industry has stepped up and provided tasty alternatives.  You just have to find them and buy them.  WFF is an enormous help in discussing these issues, locating the latest research and posting recipes for "clean" food.  We have learned to cook our meals instead of buying ready made or eating in restaurants.  We walk with our pocketbooks instead of making threats.  Corporate America is hearing us.  Doctors are hearing us.  Changes for the better are happening.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2014, 04:39:57 AM »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
Monsanto marijuana.....why am I not surprised?

Geez really?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2014, 08:18:03 AM »
Do we really need pest repelling pot plants?  Larger yield crops?  Heaven help us.  Let's fix the food first.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2014, 02:30:39 PM »
What I find curious about the Monsanto Pot issue is the recent surge of state's legalizing it either medicinally or recreationally. Knowing the company is involved in trials in South America, it leads one to surmise that Monsanto money was probably backing the "Yes" initiative in regards to marijuana usage with the same vengeance it was supporting the "No GMO labeling" in Oregon, Washington and California.

I once read (somewhere!) that three of the Monsanto scientists that studied the rBGH in milk production quit drinking milk!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Excellent point, Jan, it is suspicious.

healthseeker2014

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »
healthseeker,

Europe is not so far behind America in corruption and illnesses.  You think that European corporations don't sell poisonous pesticides, animal feeds, GMO seeds and similar?  You think that they don't use every kind of scheme they can think of to increase their profitability?  You think that their governments don't accept bribes?  That their banks are honest in all their dealings?  Try reading a local newspaper.  EVERY European country has a dark side that is not publicized. 

What is wrong with America you ask?  MONEY.  What is wrong with Europe?  MONEY.  What is wrong with China? MONEY   What is wrong with Africa?  MONEY.  The entire world chases money and power.  Not just here in America.  We have a free press so you are able to read and see pictures more often.  Our protests are vocal and posted all over the world because of our freedoms. 

Our food industry has stepped up and provided tasty alternatives.  You just have to find them and buy them.  WFF is an enormous help in discussing these issues, locating the latest research and posting recipes for "clean" food.  We have learned to cook our meals instead of buying ready made or eating in restaurants.  We walk with our pocketbooks instead of making threats.  Corporate America is hearing us.  Doctors are hearing us.  Changes for the better are happening.

i hope you are not a blind patriot here.  i value objectivity, telling the truth as it is.  i was just calling it out based on reliable sources.

as mentioned on dr. oz show, "6 european nations banned gmo for fear of contamination of their own crops and health concerns."  common sense would say that their agencies were not as easy to corrupt otherwise one can assume it would have happened already.

spain i beleive was reported to have fallen to gmo industy's influences.  are there any state in the US that banned gmos for fear of contamination  of their own crop?   "no!"

there was a ny times article that exposed president bush junior dirty scheme to punish europe for rejecting gmo from  cable leak from wikileaks. 

this b*stard pushes gmo not only in his own country but tries to force it on the rest of the world. monsanto's lapdog, i don't care even if he was president. i'm calling it out as it is.

just to be clear, i'm not saying europe is perfect or corrupt-free. now putin may be corrupt in certain areas but is he poisoning his own people with gmos?

http://rt.com/politics/russia-gmo-foods-ban-567/

well changes aren't happening enough/fast enough for me. i'm still having enough trouble finding alternatives to a lot of the tasty food i used to enjoy from the supermarkets.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2014, 05:25:06 AM »
Pro-GMO propaganda found in 6th grade science book....anyone with school age children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews/friends etc. know if this is being used in your area?

http://althealthworks.com/4596/no-bugs-more-food-concerned-mother-raises-red-flag-over-pro-gmo-propaganda-in-6th-graders-textbook-with-pictures/

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
Regarding the harassment of GMO researchers.....(which BTW, made my low blood pressure go up).... Brings to mind the definitions of the word 'mafia' 1.) " Any organized group using extortion and other criminal methods"....2.) "A closed group of people in a particular field having a controlling interest". Hmmmmmm.....

healthseeker2014

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »
harrassment of researchers is just on of many problems with gmo.  when the leader of the nation backs gmo, and aggressively try to force it down other nations, you know something very evil's going on... :-\

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
The first oral arguments in the Vermont GMO lawsuit are today......keep your fingers crossed!

http://mobile.foodnavigator-usa.com/Manufacturers/Vermont-court-hears-oral-arguments-on-GMO-labeling-law-Act-120#.VK2SqIE8KrV

And here are the litigation documents......http://ago.vermont.gov/hot-topics/ge-food-litigation.php

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »
The first oral arguments in the Vermont GMO lawsuit are today......keep your fingers crossed!

Wonder how much money is being spent on this fight.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
Obama jumps in the food safety fray.....better idea would be to disband them all and start from scratch!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/02/02/obama-proposes-consolidating-food-safety-oversight/22764529/

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2015, 04:31:24 AM »
Campbell's is introducing a line of organic soups....while (IMHO) that doesn't negate their sin of giving millions to stop GMO labeling.....it is another indication that healthier eating is going mainstream.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/campbell-organic-soups-broaden-push-into-fastgrowing-natural-foods-20150205-01488

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »
Looks like Monsanto is going after Dr Oz for talking about his opinion on glyphosates:

http://www.naturalnews.com/049395_doctor_oz_monsanto_mafia_glyphosate_toxicity.html

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2015, 05:32:17 AM »
Monsanto really must be feeling threatened.  Their sales and corporate profits are down. Their customer base is declining.   I just read about how American companies are importing organic vegetables and meats from all over the world to meet domestic demand. Rumania was mentioned as one of the countries benefitting from our quest for pesticide free food.   As more and more farmers refuse to purchase Monsanto products, these tactics will continue and get worse like a page out of Big Tobacco campaigns to discredit anyone who spoke out against them.

While I don't always agree with Dr. Oz, lets hope this intimidation fails.   

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »
In as much as Dr. Oz is not high on my list of credible humans, I do enjoy all the media attention this is instigating.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2015, 06:30:23 AM »
McD's is closing 700 of their restaurants worldwide.....if they don't make some serious changes, they have 32,000 more to go.....

http://fortune.com/2015/04/22/mcdonalds-restaurants-closing/

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2015, 06:52:37 AM »
With the nasty taste of their burgers, I can understand why.  I don't imagine pay raises will help the bottom line, either.  They keep looking for a 'premium' burger offering; why don't they just get a better tasting cheap burger, they do exist.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:20 AM »
Wow! VERY IMPORTANT. I sent an email.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2015, 07:02:21 AM »
Unbelievable!!!  I will definitely take a stand.

Reminds me of my dietician friend from back in the 70s, who was firmly convinced that feeding diabetics carbs was essential, since they were put on insulin to take care of them.  I worked with her, or rather for her, at a hospital, teaching diet guidelines to patients, some of them old and not very educated, telling them that pork is bad, but fruit and bread is good!  I still shiver to think of this, and wish I had had the gumption to stand up for myself, regarding this nonsense.  I just thought it was completely illogical, but she had the education and diploma, which I didn't.  I just had studied nutrition as part of my teaching degree in Germany, which was pretty intense by today's standard, esp. in the US>  and I was not taught this kind of thing.  I am not in contact with her anymore, she kind of went a little off the deep end, and we parted ways - now that I think about it, she was extremely low fat, and severely depressed and even bi polar, from what I gathered.  Did some cuckoo things, like forget to change clothes for a party after she had been working in the yard all day.  That one shocked even her, when she told me about it later on but anyway, just to say I think about her sometimes, and the arguments we had about carbs and feeding them to someone who didn't have the capacity to metabolize in healthy way.  Too sad ... :-[

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »
Yikes!  I'll pass it along on Facebook.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
French vegan couple found quilty of neglect in the death of their child....

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/baby-breastfed-by-vegan-mother-dies/

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »
I did a little looking around on the net for this case and it was even more horrible, the more I read. Those people were truly ignorant. So sad.  I just hope more awareness of vitamin deficiency comes out it, to save others this heartbreak.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2015, 06:28:44 AM »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
How horrible for this child to suffer and know that it was her parents who did it to her and didn't care enough to thoroughly research the subject to protect her.  So totally wrong to need protection from your own parents.  And where were all the other people who should have seen this deterioration? So many of our problems go back to the minerals (and vitamins).  I sincerely believe that most of our health problems are in the diet.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
Jan and Lynda,

Both of you are exactly right.  Most of our ancestors knew that what you "put in your body" was more important than the "clothes you put on your back". 
All of us here have learned this lesson the hard way.   Without going into all the reasons why, we have all posted how much better we are doing health wise without grains, sugar or processed foods in our diets.

Health really is ALL ABOUT vitamins and minerals.  Balance and monitoring is the key.  Responsible adults do this.  Malnourished children simply do not thrive.  They are noticeably paler, thinner, less energetic and enthusiastic than normal children.  It is sad to think that had this child been wearing soiled clothing and had unwashed skin and hair that she would have been noticed by other responsible adults who would have pressed for change. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
Should be interesting!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »
Upon further thought, cynical me thinks that Monsanto will probably end up paying off the people doing the study.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »
So what is new and different?  The Russians aren't exactly famous for their integrity in business dealings and their scientific community isn't exactly well paid.  I would have had more faith in the outcome if the study was being done by the scientists in another country.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
At this point in time, I'd be more willng to trust the Russians than our alphabet organizations!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
Jan,

You are right, of course.  How pathetic this conversation is.  We had the safest food supply in the world.  Then gave it away so our corporations could make even more money by using "technological advances" with only sham testing.  And our government officials still wonder why so many people are fat and sickly. 

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »
Barbara,
IF we had a 'like' button, I would press it! I so distrust any American alphabet organization and am much more inclined to trust anyone else at this point!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2015, 05:48:36 AM »
Key words by Doug Parr, chief scientist at Greenpeace UK: "If this is a well-designed, transparent and accountable study"

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
The senior author of this paper, Wayne Campbell, concludes I this study that a HFLC diet is superior for diabetics BUT, as a member of the Dietary Guidelines committee, he joined with the rest of the group saying that the diet is unsafe and unsustainable for the rest of the country! Go figure?

http://www.lipidjournal.com/article/S1933-2874%2815%2900113-0/fulltext

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »
They need to put logic classes back in college.  Why would a diabetic diet be harmful for anyone?  (read this sarcastically)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2015, 11:30:23 AM »
>"They need to put logic classes back in college".......or else it's a prime example of "The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity". 8)

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »
Sarah Hallberg's YouTube video is amazing!

This morning I caught a bit of Jane Seymour's PBS show....AaRRGG!! The subject was AI diseases, and a Dr. Smith  used the words healthy diet, healthy whole grains, and low fat in one sentence. The next guest was an osteopath, and I thought surely SHE would contradict him, but NO....even though she talked about treating the actual cause, she never addressed the cause.....only the drugs for treatment.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »
Gee, I used to like Jane Seymour!!  That law of human stupidity again, I guess.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2015, 05:11:48 AM »
Re: Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee

This is the highest level statement yet from nutritional experts from Tufts/Harvard calling for an end to the low-fat dietary dogma. While the DGAC dropped language about limiting total fat intake, the guidelines are still modulated on diets that are low in fat.

Unfortunately, I was only able to download the first page and while their recommendations are not perfect, it may get us half-way out of the dark.....well, maybe not half!

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2338262

****If anyone belongs to JAMA, could you post the rest of the article? Merci'

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2015, 08:58:31 AM »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »
Can you hear me cheering and jumping up and down?  This is the best news ever.  They do have a long way to go but this is epic and we are on our way. Finally. 

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2015, 06:35:02 AM »
But, but,.....what if I can no longer afford Twinkies????? Lol.

Really, good news!  Now, how are they going to get the REST of the junk out of the junk food?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2015, 12:50:33 PM »
That is big news.  I wonder if these recommendations are reflected in the eating choices on their campus.

Greentree

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »
I flipped past the wonderful Dr. Oz the other day, as he was demonstrating how to put the gluten BACK into your diet.....ahem.  Wonder who is putting pressure on him now?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »

Sponsored Links