This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: New food source!  (Read 1011 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
New food source!
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:00:20 AM »
I stumbled across a new web site that sells many wonderful WB appropriate items.  It is called "Barefoot Provisions" and offers many mouth watering items.  Check out their flours!  I think I will order the mesquite flour for an added caramel taste to baked goods.  Pumpkin flour sounds good too! Supposed to be good for thickening soups and sauces.  Lacuma powder is a fruit based sweetener which supposedly doesn't raise blood sugar.  Then there is the Super Flour.  Nuts, fabulous beef jerky flavors, cookies, crackers, candy and more!

The web site is nicely done and they say upfront that their items are curated (translate to tried, delicious and will probably be expensive!).  This sure beats chasing around trying to find items.  The prices charged seem to be inline with prices listed on the individual web sites.  The savings would be in the convenience of 1 stop shopping and combined shipping costs.

Has anyone actually used mesquite flour? Pumpkin flour? Lacuma sweetener?  Your input would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:53:02 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: New food source!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:22:02 AM »
It does look like they have a bunch of good stuff.  Good find!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »
Barbara,

Thank you for sharing this site! I am in need of some Coconut oil and have been wanting to try the Nutiva brand, which they have so probably going to make an order for that. I have been really getting into the Oil pulling recently, which I have tried off and on in the past, but has now become a daily thing in the evening.

-Bailey

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »

Sponsored Links