This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: 30 Days Grain/Wheat Free  (Read 2294 times)

Kezza

• Grain free since 5 April 2013
    • View Profile
30 Days Grain/Wheat Free
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
 :D Today is day 30 for me of being totally grain free.  I have lost 10 pounds and have basically moved to a paleo style diet so have removed dairy as well in case of cross reactivity.   Many things have improved including a rash on my behind that has been there in varying degrees since I was child.  I am now a month out from my 57th birthday.  There will be no going back from here as I am pretty sure I have a gluten intolerence.

I still find it hard to believe that I was caught asleep at the wheel so to speak.   12 years ago I took my dogs (who are omnivores like humans) off all grain based and higly processed dog foods and started feeding them a natural raw meaty bones style diet after having seen the way that they deteriate on grain based foods.  Dogs still have the digestive system of a canivore and really aren't that far removed from wolves.  But are not obligate carnivores like cats.  What I have trouble believing is that I didn't make the connection that wheat and grains might also not be good for humans.   :o

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days Grain/Wheat Free
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »
Congrats on 30 days!  And to get rid of a rash that you've had since you were a child... wow!

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
I'm a couple weeks past 30 days. Have lost 12 lbs. crick in shoulder almost gone. One thing that has started recently, embarrassing as it is, is flatulence. What's up with that?  Anyone having adverse reactions like this?  Suggestions?

Kezza

• Grain free since 5 April 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:18 AM »
Luckily for me flatulence is not something that has been a problem for me.   But I am still continuing to ensure I take a daily pro-biotic capsule as recommened by Dr davis and have ensured it is one with multi strandsof CFU's to give recolonisation the best chance, I also eat a small serving of sourkraut most days.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »
That happened to me too for a month or so......could be the veggies?

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
I've always eaten veggies daily & salads. Wondering if nuts?  I eat a handful every day- either raw cashews or almonds. Lots of water too. Will try probiotic.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »

Sponsored Links