This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Dr. Mary Enig's (Nourishing Traditions) Special Oil  (Read 1990 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Dr. Mary Enig's (Nourishing Traditions) Special Oil
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
I just came across a recipe for Dr. Mary Enig's Special Oil.  This can be used for nearly all your cooking/salad needs.  I blended the oils and used it this morning to fry eggs.  Excellent! 

The recipe is simple:  equal amounts of untoasted, expeller pressed sesame oil, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.  You might want to gently melt your coconut oil.  Shake to blend.  The coconut oil stays liquid too!  This makes using coconut oil much easier to use for everyday cooking.  The oil might get cloudy, but not hard.   ;D

Linda R

Re: Dr. Mary Enig's (Nourishing Traditions) Special Oil
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
I have never used sesame oil, is there an advantage to having this combination rather than just good virgin olive oil in my dressing?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »
Linda,

I think it is flavor, but here may be more to this.  I will research it more at a different time.  There is also a recommendation that the sesame oil not  be of the TOASTED variety.  The flavor of this oil is very mellow and the smoke point is higher.  Also is supposed to be excellent to use when making your own mayo as the coconut oil helps the emulsion.

I was looking at Wilderness Family products and saw "Mary's Oil" which which the description says is based on Mary Enig's recipe.  I was curious so I did some quick research and found the recipe. 

I don't saute' anything in coconut oil because it is sometimes hard for me to digest.  Instead, I use ghee, olive, macadamia, sesame, hazelnut and similar oils for the most part.  I use the coconut oil for Bulletproof Coffee and baked goods.  Using it in a blend will increase my intake.

Google http://NourishingGourmet.com for more information and many excellent recipes as well.

PS.  This oil blend provides equal amounts of omega 3's, 6's and 9's.[size=78%] [/size]

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »
I placed my Mary's oil blend into an oil mister and sprayed zucchini sliced (1/4" thick) the long way.  It was too hot and humid outside to use the grill, so I broiled it for about 10 minutes, until golden.  This was surprisingly good because the oil flavors combine to provide a buttery taste.  I sprinkled it with a cumin/salt/pepper/onion powder mix, although it really didn't need much because of the buttery flavor of the oil combination.

This also makes for a super tasting mayo! 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »
I love this idea!  I have one of those misters, and will have to try this.  Love sesame seed oil, I use it for my stir fries all the time, great flavor.  Thanks for this great idea!  One thing I love about Summer, my CO is always liquid and I just pour it out of the jar.  But in the winter time this would be immensely helpful too, not to have to scrape the CO out of the jar, every time you need a little bit.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »

Sponsored Links