This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Finally weight is moving!!  (Read 2723 times)

Mistyblue

• View Profile
Finally weight is moving!!
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:09:19 AM »
To update re my unsuccessful 1 year journey wheat free:As I mentioned previous, my main reason for becoming wheat free was for weight loss, tried numerous suggestions from others and finally desperate with my weight higher than it ever was went back to my former healthy eating coach and yes, I was trying the extra fat, etc,etc. Within one week, my weight is down 4.5 lbs!! My coach just tweaked my menu, healthy fats but not overdoing it as I was eating nuts/cheese more than I should .
So not sure that increasing fat works for everyone. My SFL( Simply for life Plan) may be easier to maintain now after I lose the weight because I do plan to remain wheat free. Will keep you updated on progress. Thanks to all for your support!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Finally weight is moving!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »
Mistyblue,

I made the mistake of eating too many nuts and cheeses.  I learned I needed to eat a sit down carb appropriate meal and limit my snacking to a small portion of cheese or nuts.  This small portion had to be placed in a dish and the container returned to the storage space.  Left to my own devices, I became Miss Piggy and just ate more of them than I should have and this stopped the weight loss.  All the yummy baked items had to be limited as well.

This is just normal tweaking.  Your needs will change as you progress.  Good that you have a Paleo Coach!  Very helpful to guide you through all the 

ins and outs of this way of  eating.  Thanks for posting your progress.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »
That's great to hear Misty Blue!  I know that it has been frustrating for you.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:48:28 AM »
I've been re-evaluating my eating too. Weight loss stalled for more than a month. Granted, I've been doing some traveling to places where the eating and drinking have been exceptional and while sticking with it most of the time, I did have some meals that weren't wheat and grain free. I also snack on nuts too much.

So now that I'm home for awhile I have cut out the snacking (once I start on the nuts I am not responsible), limit the dairy even more than I had been, and gone off alcohol.

I need the weight to move in the right direction because in the next year or so I really need to have some foot surgery to fix a bunion and hammertoe. It will be so much bearable and probably more successful if I have dropped about 60-75 pounds.

HungryinTN

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:00:43 AM »
That's wonderful, Misty!  Nuts and cheese can definitely be major roadblocks for some of us.  They helped me in my initial weight loss phase but I had to cut them out of my daily diet and limit them to just occasional treats. 

I'm a little stuck again too, but it's completely of my own doing.  I'll blame school - my qualifying exams to advance to PhD candidacy are coming up in less than three weeks!  So I'm nose to the grindstone 5-6 days a week, on track with study and diet, but then after being cooped up for so long I usually can't take it anymore and finally go out to eat and have a few drinks with friends, and that usually inspires at least one bad eating choice the following day as my blood sugar struggles to get back to normal.  I was stuck between 176-179 for a while, losing and gaining the same three pounds.  Then I finally got down to 170 and now I'm bouncing around between 170-175.  I am a little extra motivated right now, hopefully, because I may be going to the beach in May with classmates.  Yikes! 

Mistyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 06:12:24 AM »
Good morning everyone
Another update and again not successful!! I am so frustrated and tired of trying to figure out what is going on with difficulty losing weight and feeling well!! I tried the SFL plan as indicated and three months later only 3-4 lbs down!! Even with frustrations I am still
wheat free. My Naturopath started me on a product called Rhodiola for helping with anxiety and sleep. I finally set my retirement date as early fall...should decrease stress! I haven't really eliminated the dairy but may need to do this? How long does it usually take to see results from omitting dairy?

I received my thyroid test results- TSH - 2.45..up from last result of 1.73 and my Dr says this is in normal range. However, Dr Davis says different. Now waiting results of free T3 and started to check am temp. I wake up some mornings thinking " great, I had a great sleep and no GI issues, then this morning back to square one..awake several times, dull headache, tummy distress and can't see how I could have been exposed to wheat? Did have extra cream& cheese throughout the day. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
Mine is slow moving too. But it is nice to be able to sit a bit more comfortably in an airplane seat, buy clothes at Macy's instead of Catherine's (although still in the woman's size section), and to walk most anywhere until my bunions start hurting.

Not sure what's holding back my weight loss. I diary everything and myfitnesspal says I ought to be losing based upon calorie intake (which I realize isn't all it is cracked up to be, but still).

But let's hang in there.

C Dee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 12:13:37 PM »
Try going off dairy for 30 days. Keep track in your journal and see if the headache/stomach issues fade away.

If the body not very good at processing dairy, then physical stress => raised cortisol levels => stored fat.

Keep working on sleep habits. Remember, poor sleep => stress => raised cortisol levels => stored fat.

Try to have plenty of fun and laughter in your life, make sure you exercise is enjoyable.

Wheat = bad
Stress = bad
laughter = good
play = good
2-3 pounds down = good
bacon = good
eggs = good
salad = good

Add to the list and embrace and celebrate all the good things in life.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
Uncle Roscoe just posted this on WBB:" Metabolically alcohol = ethanol which is equivalent to sugar (fructose).  This will make you gain weight.  Don't drink and you won't gain." 

Alcohol also forces your liver to burn sugar to clear the alcohol rather than burn fats for your body's energy.  While you might not actually gain weight, you most certainly will not lose any.  It does take time for your liver to process all this sugar and it might takes days or weeks depending on your system, age and health for your organs and cells to recover from ingesting the alcohol. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »

Sponsored Links