This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Parboiled Rice Bowl (Resistant starch Recipe)  (Read 1490 times)

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
Parboiled Rice Bowl (Resistant starch Recipe)
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:49:52 AM »
Yesterday, I saw this article from Richard Nikoley and since the recent Resistant Starch debate, wanted to try to catch-up some more on it. Then, stunningly, came across the below Recipe on Yahoo. I found Uncle Ben's Original Parboiled rice at Publix. The Nutritional panel shows 37 Carbs for 1 cup, but was planning to only have 1/2 Cup so I will get (2) meals out of it. Will be making this for Dinner Thursday.

ETA: Maybe someone can fix the Link for the above referenced Article. Here's the URL http://freetheanimal.com/2013/12/parboiled-nutritious-resistant.html

*Note: The below is copied straight from the Yahoo article. The only substitution I am making is by using the Uncle Ben's Original Parboiled rice.

RICE BOWL WITH FRIED EGG AND AVOCADO

If you need a quick, healthy meal that’s ready in a flash, but can’t bring yourself to eat
one more chopped salad, take heart: This rice bowl is your new best friend. (We’ve told
you about lunch bowls, right?) With fiber-rich brown rice, protein-packed egg, creamy
avocado for texture, and raw scallion for some bite and zing, this nutritious meal is
anything but boring. Add a drizzle of hot sauce over it all to spice things up, if you like.
Make it extra easy on yourself by cooking a big batch of rice in advance, then assembling
the bowls throughout the week. It’s a lunch (or dinner!) that takes the guesswork out of
simple, flavorful food.

RICE BOWL WITH FRIED EGG AND AVOCADO

Brown rice—higher in fiber and other nutrients than its white counterpart—is the perfect
vehicle for this quick, protein-heavy lunch.

Ingredients:
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 cups cooked White rice
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 large eggs
• 1 avocado, chopped
• Hot sauce (for serving)

Preparation:

Mix scallions, rice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with
salt and pepper and cook until whites are set around the edges, about 1 minute. Flip eggs
and cook to desired doneness, about 30 seconds for a runny yolk.
Divide rice among bowls; top with eggs, avocado, and hot sauce.

Wheat Free Forum

Parboiled Rice Bowl (Resistant starch Recipe)
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:49:52 AM »

Sponsored Links