This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Goulash  (Read 2224 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Goulash
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »
I made a very tasty goulash this week.

I bought some cubed pork at the store because it was on sale.   I usually never buy cubed pork, so I was in quandry on what to make with it other than green chili.

Decided on goulash.

So I sprayed the frying pan, added the cubed pork, put a little salt and pepper on it, with about a 2 teaspoons of paprika.  Also cut up an onion and let all that sautee.

In another pot I emptied a can of diced tomatoes, added a couple of bay leaves, and added one of those combo  frozen bags of green peppers, red peppers and onion.

When I finished sauteing the meat, I added the meat/onion mixture to the tomatoes/pepper mixture and let that cook on low for about 30 minutes to bring out the flavors.

I wanted to add a beef boullion cube to it, but discovered that had a wheat product in it.   

Didn't matter though.   It was yummy.   My family had at it over rice, while I ate it like soup.  Everyone loved it.

I bet adding a dallup of sour cream would be good in it.  I might have to give that a try next time.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Goulash
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:08 AM »
Rita, that sounds great! Regarding the bullion, has anyone out there found a brand that doesn't contain wheat?  I've scoured the Internet and can't find anything.

Mistyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
Kitchen Basics...gluten free on the box and
wheat is not listed in the ingredients.

Tsumpter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
I use "Better than bouillon" beef, chicken, or vegetable base. They all make great broth. They also have an organic version.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »

Sponsored Links