This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Syrups  (Read 2363 times)

arlin

• View Profile
Syrups
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
This may be in the wrong place Rita, so feel free to move it!

Some days I just want a pancake...with syrup. The pancakes I can do, although I don't  have a need for them often anymore. But if I'm having one, I prefer just syrup over just fruit or whipping cream.

If I remember right, Dr. Davis says to stay away from maple, agave, (and of course corn) if you're a diabetic. I think they're all too high in fructose? Does anyone know of a way to make a plain syrup that would be good to add pureed blueberries or strawberries to so that it would be a little thicker than just the purees? Or even taste good plain? Could I add maple flavoring without getting into trouble? I suppose that could be a no-no too. Don't know much about it as I've never used it.

Thanks!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Syrups
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:40:51 AM »
Arlin......try this site....have underfed a few of their condiments and they're very good....haven't tried the syrup tho....

http://natureshollow.com
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:03:39 AM by Rita »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:04:06 AM »
I've tried their sugarfree maple syrup and it's pretty good.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »
Thanks guys! I'll definitely be giving this a try.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:37:02 PM »
I got my Nature's Hollow sugar free maple syrup today....it's sweet with a slight afterrtaste......BUT it also has 19g of carbs per serving size (1/4 cup)......didn't see that before I bought it!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
Hmm. That seems awfully high for only 1/4 cup. That's almost twice as many carbs as I usually get in each meal. I shoot for 10-12. Thanks for the info on it.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
I know, plus the BBQ sauce has carmel coloring!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »

Sponsored Links