This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hello from Lynda (Fl)  (Read 1225 times)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Hello from Lynda (Fl)
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
My DH and I have been wheat-free since Oct. 2011.  We have both seen improvement in joint pain and I have seen my TSH drop from over 5 to 1.0, have halved my BP med. and had my c-reactive protein drop dramatically (which astounded my dr. since it was normal to begin with). I am glad to see some of my favorite posters from the WB blog site.  Some of the off-topic discussions kept me out of the hospital and helped me improve other health problems, thank you all again.  I'm hoping to find great ideas for low-carb here as that's my next challenge.  Maybe that with get rid of the rascally belly fat and help my cholestoral numbers!  I have to admit I love potatoes more than I did wheat.  Listening to others stories on these forums really helps.

arlin

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Lynda (Fl)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
Welcome Lynda  :)

Finding the source and balance for good carbs is also part of my journey. I've only been wheat free for a little while, but like you, would like to know better ways to consume enough good carbs. There's a balance in there somewhere, and we're all out to find it!

Happy to hear that you've had so many good results so far. You might want to spend a little time watching the video that Rita posted in the Food Element section under "sugar". It takes awhile to watch, but it's really worth it!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
Welcome Lynda.   And what an awesome success story!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
Welcome Lynda!  Glad to have you aboard!

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
Welcome, Lynda! My DH struggles with potatoes, too. He loves them!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »

Sponsored Links