This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Cellulite Destructo  (Read 2634 times)

lyra

• View Profile
Cellulite Destructo
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:25:16 AM »
It seemed that nothing would ever shake that bit of cellulite from my thighs. I know I am thin, but I also know and can see the fat a'hangin' off my thighs. Even two years of "Curves" with their constant monthly measuring  didn't make a dent. Now I have quit Curves, and, wonder to behold, after a few months of doing leg lifts with weights for 15 minutes three times a week, I see measurable results. Each thigh is now half an inch thinner. I didn't think that number would ever drop, especially at age 65.  And all the while eating plenty of healthy fats like butter, coconut oil, pecan butter, almond butter, and fatty meats.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Cellulite Destructo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 01:51:11 PM »
Lyra,

That is just wonderful!  This is what happens when you burn fat for energy instead of sugar.  Way to go!!!! :) :) :)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
Wow, Lyra, that is great progress.  Bet those legs look good and feel even better.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
That's great!  Vitamin A is supposed to have an effect on cellulite as well:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/vitamin-retinol-appears-have-positive-modulating-effect-cellulite

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
I've also heard dry brushing is supposed to help, does anyone do it?  Does it take a special brush, or can you just pick up one of those bath brushes?  I really want to start doing this again, did it regularly when I was younger, Europeans are big into this.  And saunas.  And cold showers.   ;)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 06:37:41 AM »
BarbinNC,

Brushing or using a loofah type works well in the shower or even dry rubbing.  Follow up with oil or cream if needed.  Removing dry skin and the stimulation from brushing sure gives your body a nice glow and smooth feel.  I think they are interchangeable, with use dependent on what was locally available. 

dbscott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I would definitely try that workout tips which was mentioned above.  Aside from helpful workouts, applying castor oil for cellulite also helps in making the skin lighter to look at. Cellulite has uneven lines or marks which can be distracting and castor oil helps in reducing those mark. Of course, the oil alone must be accompanied by eating right and workout.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »

Sponsored Links