This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Starting again  (Read 2186 times)

No_wheat_here (Ann)

• View Profile
Starting again
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »
I have absolutely no idea why I quit in the first place.  It was working so well.  Anyway, I'm back and started by making broccoli soup, tomato soup, shrimp bisque and butternut squash soup yesterday -- recipes from the book.  They are so delicious and I love soup.  Can you tell?  181.2 today.  I'll keep the inches to myself.  So far today I have had sausage, scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, coffee and some broccoli soup.  More soup later.  Be back tomorrow.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Starting again
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »
Ann,

Try some bulletproof coffee.  Just add a TBS or two or three of coconut oil, grass fed butter or MCT oil to your morning coffee and use a frother or immersion blender to incorporate and drink.  You will feel energetic and stave off hunger.  Start with a smaller amount and increase gradually.
Google "bulletproof coffee" for more info. about why this is good for you.   Wishing you success!

No_wheat_here (Ann)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
I forgot that!!!!!  Thanks for the reminder.  Heading off to make some right now.  I have managed to continue with coconut oil and the proper butter.  Thanks!!!!!  And I am constantly telling people, mostly family, to forget about worrying about fats.  The best proof of that for me is that we (Americans in general) have been going low-fat or fat-free for years and as a group we are fatter than ever.

I'm committed because I know this works and the food is delicious!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »
Ann,

Welcome back! Hoping that you're feeling good and getting back into the swing of things!

Bailey

No_wheat_here (Ann)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
I started and then I slipped on a wet tile on my porch the 7th of June.  My left leg folded under me and I sat on the bottom on my foot causing a huge skin tear from ankle to ankle on the front of my leg.  Four weeks of foot above heart.  Not easy and no fun at all.  Couldn't walk on it anyway because it turns out a piece of bone broke off and reassigned itself somewhere else and it hurt like heck.  I didn't know about the fracture.  The ER didn't x-ray and I figured the pain was from the trauma to my completely purple foot.  LOL.   Long story short, it took three months of wound care help and tons of antibiotics which caused problems of their own and foot above heart as much as possible.  Somehow wheat got pushed aside and I am, once again, starting over. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »
Ouch!    Sounds painful!  What an ordeal!

Glad to have you back.  :)

No_wheat_here (Ann)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
Thanks, Rita.  Glad to be back.  Enjoying the raw nuts especially right this minute -- and everything else!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »

Sponsored Links