This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Mikey's English Muffins  (Read 1713 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Mikey's English Muffins
« on: June 08, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »
Interesting product, found on Maria Emmerich's blog post this morning.  But also interesting comment from Maria, that almond flour and other nut flours can be "anti nutrients".  I knew they have more carbs than is advised for weight loss, but wasn't aware of a negative side will be interesting to see what she replies in comments.

But nice to know there is a product one can quickly use for a trip etc. to stay on course.  Living wheat free, while easy to do at home, is not always easy out in the world at large.  Even when you think you are eating grain free, something can be slipped in inadvertently and I usually know soon after ingesting.  Salad dressing are tricky, I usually stick to vinegar and oil on the side, but even then, the oil could be not desirable.

http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/mikeys-english-muffins/

See what you think.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mikey's English Muffins
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 10:56:32 AM »
I got Maria's email as well. Was surprised. Wasted no time in forwarding to my DDIL as she is trying to switch my son over to healthier eating. A task that I hope she is able to achieve but wish her luck.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 11:49:50 AM »
Yes, my daughter is having the same issue while her husband goes along with the diet at home, and seems to love everything I bake and cook also, I know he must be sneaking fast food for lunch etc. because he hasn't really lost any weight, and he should have by now.  It's something that each person has to do for themselves though, we can't do it for someone else.  Sadly, I don't think he has the will power to stay away from his beloved beer and hamburger buns and sometimes I resent it, because I help them buy organic foods etc. and then he goes out and eats junk.  Oh well, have to be glad for the good things in life, and just let the bad slide off my back.  - I'm just so grateful that my daughter is on board and feeling so much better.

I do worry a bit about when my grandson gets older and the temptations of food being offered to him when he's not at home.  My daughter is stay at home now, but I'm sure she will eventually put him in some kind of play school, or whatever it's called.  What does one do then? 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »
I found Mikey's English Muffins in the supermarket today.  They are frozen, 4 in a package.  This was the plain flavor, not the onion.  I found them to be exceptionally bland tasting, small, about 3",  and generally not to my liking.  Toasting does not increase the flavor.  They are pre-sliced.  It did not hold together well for a sandwich like chicken or tuna salad.   This is certainly not an English Muffin!  Cost is just under $2.00 each or $8 for the package  I would not purchase again.  GGC recipe is far superior and much less expensive.  Of course, you do have to bake them yourself!

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 03:13:32 PM »
So glad you tried them and gave us a report.
I had the site "favorited" on my laptop and was all set to order a package.

Forget about it!!!!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Haha, I don't think I would have actually bought them, but glad to have you confirm this!  It's just too good to be true, anything processed, even somewhat healthy foods, aren't as good as home made.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »

Sponsored Links