This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Bottled cold drinks  (Read 956 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Bottled cold drinks
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »
I attended a local fireman's cookoff.  Suprisingly, there was a bottle of BAI Tanzania Lemonade Tea in the ice bucket.  This is an anti-oxident drink made with the outside of the coffee bean, erythritol. stevia, lemon juice concentrate, black tea concentrate, white tea extract.  The organic coffeefruit  contains the anti-oxidents.  This flavor had 9 grams of carbs for about 9 ounces of the drink.   There are other flavors which I didn't try.
The cost is just over $2 per 18 oz. bottle.  I liked this because it wasn't too sweet, but that is subjective of course. 

This would come in handy on car trips.  Usually I just add a teabag and cold brew in a water bottle with a few drops of stevia.  Nice to know that there is something available ready made.  The web site is:http://drinkbai.com. for more information.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Bottled cold drinks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 12:28:07 PM »
Be sure to check out your grocery store bottled drinks.  I found a bottle of Herbal Mist brand Diet Mango Tea with Yerba Mate'.  No carbs.
Ingredients are: Paraguayan yerba mate leaves, filtered water, xylitol, citric acid, yerba mate, black tea, natural mango flavor, reb-a-stevia.
Good taste.  There are other flavors too.  20 oz. $1.25.  http://www.herbalmist.com for more information.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »
Interesting, I mostly stick to water but it would be nice to have something good tasting once in a while.  Wonder why restaurants don't carry more of this type drink, I for one would order it.  I usually get something like  Perrier, because I don't trust their water at times, some taste really awful.  Keep those finds coming, Barbara! :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »

Sponsored Links