This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: zucchini sushi rolls  (Read 784 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
zucchini sushi rolls
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:16:57 AM »
Today's paper had a good idea for some finger food to nibble on.  The basic idea is to use a vegetable peeler to shave long thin strips from either zucchini or yellow squash.  You cut the top and bottom tips off and discard (or eat!) the first piece that is all skin.  This will let the roll sit upright on a plate.  When you get deep into the seed section, flip the vegetable over.  This works best on a cutting board while holding it firmly down with one hand while shaving with the other.

Spread a THIN layer of your filling from edge to edge.  Drizzle lightly with olive oil.  Roll each strip.  The cheese should hold it together, but you can use toothpicks.  Serve.

Depending on the size of your squash:

FILLING SUGGESTION:  4 oz. goat cheese at room temperature
                                      2 TBS minced sundried tomato
                                      2 TBS chopped dill, chives or thyme
                                      fresh ground pepper
                                      olive oil for drizzling

http://www.framedcooks.com.   Note that this is not a WB or paleo site.  Her recipes can be easily adapted.

I've used chicken, tuna or fish as fillings, making sure they are mashed up fairly fine.  Matchstick veggies work with the cheese or other mashed fillings.  I've "crisped" the zucchini sheets with kosher salt to release the water.  This works if you can't serve right away. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: zucchini sushi rolls
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:29:47 AM »
This sounds amazing!  What a great idea, and something I will definitely use as an appetizer, perhaps, or just a snack to have on hand.  Love it!

Wheat Free Forum

Re: zucchini sushi rolls
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:29:47 AM »

Sponsored Links