This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Broccoli Cheese Soup  (Read 1109 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Broccoli Cheese Soup
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

Broccoli Cheese Soup
(my friend Gale Shook)

Use a large pot (Dutch oven)

1 package frozen broccoli
1/2 stick butter
1 medium onion
Optional: 1 can cream mushroom soup (gluten free) - I'm going to omit this
1 can HOT Rotel (or regular Rotel)
1 quart half & half (or heavy whipping cream)
1/2 BIG block of Velveeta (I used 2 pounds total) - use Parmesan cheese instead
Salt & pepper

Cook broccoli then mush it up w/ a pastry cutter. Set aside.
Melt butter in Dutch oven
Chop onion and add to butter til soft
Add cream mushroom soup - leaving this out
Add HOT Rotel (or original Rotel)
Add 1 quart of half & half (or HWC)
Add broccoli
Cut Velveeta into chunks & add a little at a time while stirring continually to prevent sticking - use cheddar or Parmesan instead
Salt & pepper to taste (salt may not be needed)
When cheese is melted, enjoy!

Note: more milk can be added if needed

Note: I'm using the Alfredo Parmesan recipe to modify this recipe (changes noted). I'm not sure how much Parmesan will be needed. I'll have to taste test as I go.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: Broccoli Cheese Soup
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »
Love Broccoli, and will give this a try, later in the year when it's cooler.  This would also work with cauliflower, I love soups of all kinds.  Have a nice thermos and usually take soup for lunch to work in the cooler months.  Although, with our air conditioner set to freezing right now, it might not be a bad thing to take even in the Summer!!

8)

That reminds me, when my daughter went off to college, and would come home for the Summer Break, she often would cook dinner for me, and of course we were already low carbing back then, a la Dana Carpender.  She made this really yummy Salmon soup from her first recipe book, with canned salmon.  I just though of that, haven't made it in a while, but it was very simple, a creamy soup, with fresh dill.  Have to dig out her book again, she is such a creative and industrious cook and baker!

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Broccoli Cheese Soup
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »

Sponsored Links