This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Boursin Potato Salad using homemade Boursin  (Read 891 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Boursin Potato Salad using homemade Boursin
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
HOMEMADE BOURSIN  (Garlic & herb)

Yields 1 CUP

small clove garlic, crushed
2 2/3 oz. butter
5 1/3 oz. cream cheese
1 TBS freshly grated parmesan or asaiggio
1/3 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp dried or 1/2 fresh basil
1/4 tsp dried chives or 1/2 fresh
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp dried thyme or 1/4 fresh
2/3 TBS minced fresh parsley

Combine all ingredients using an immersion blender or food processor.  Remove to an air tight container and refrigerate.  Flavors meld together the longer it sits.  If too thick, thin with milk or heavy cream.

You can spread this on nearly anything! 

POTATO SALAD    serves 4

1 1/2 lbs  new potatoes, cooked in boiling water for about 20 minutes, cut into bite sized pieces and cooled until you can handle them.
1 5 oz. pkg of Boursin cheese or less than 1/2 cup of recipe
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 celery stalks sliced into small pieces
2 TBS capers
chopped fresh parsley for garnish

In food processor, place cheese, lemon juice and process.  Add buttermilk in slow stream until it reaches the consistency you like.  Check taste for S&P.

Place potatoes in large bowl.  Add celery, capers and pour dressing over them.  Carefully mix until potatoes are well coated.  Serve warm or at room temp or even let sit overnight in refrigerator to meld flavors.

Remember that chilling the potatoes makes resistant starch!  This recipe is from http://www.framedcooks.com.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: Boursin Potato Salad using homemade Boursin
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »
This sounds really, really, really good!

Have never made Boursin, but will definitely give this a try.

And personally, I don't quite trust the whole potato thing, but to each their own.  I just think I would gradually go over board, because I do love potatoes, and can't just eat one.  Hot or cold.

I will try this with cauliflower, since I love that veggie very much and it seems to have a lot of goodness.

German potato salad is probably the only time I would "sin" - the hot potato salad with just onions, parsley, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.  You have to eat it hot - and for some reason in the olden days, they said to never eat the leftovers, once they got cold.  I'm not sure, but it might have had something to do with the silver utensils they used back then, doing something to the vinegar?  I don't know, but it's a big no no to many older Germans, to this day.  That, and eating Weisswurst  after 12 noon, in Munich, you do NOT do this, lol!   :D

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Boursin Potato Salad using homemade Boursin
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »

Sponsored Links