This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Home again  (Read 1567 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Home again
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »
After a grueling two weeks in Cambridge, walking 20K+ steps nearly every day (my hotel was 1.5 miles away from the classroom building and I chose to walk instead of riding the shuttle), and eating as well as I could, I'm back home again, 4 pounds heavier. Amazing...don't understand it at all.

Will be working this week to undo what is probably water weight due to forgetting to take my T3 mid-day most days. Hopefully will be back in ketosis in a few days.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Home again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »
Lila,

I ALWAYS gained weight whenever I traveled.  Sometimes even when I am eating at restaurants here at home, no matter how careful I am about food selections.  Now, since you are grain and sugar free, you can only hope that your food preparation was honest, with no hidden grains or sugars or starches in any of the ingredients and not too much in the way of inflammatory oils either.  You also basically have to eat what is served to you and when that meal is served. 

Feel good that you are home and can get back to your wonderful, healthy routine!  You should see the weight start coming off.  Keep up your good attitude as well.  Too often your thoughts become your reality.  Think thin!    :)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Welcome back!

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
Lila, don't discount the effect of stress and stress hormones. Travel, even "good" travel (vacations, work trips coupled with visiting friends and family, weddings, etc.) always take you out of your routine, and it stresses your body even when you don't realize it.

And two things you can't trust when eating out: portion sizes and hidden ingredients (sugar, soy, and wheat).

So looking back to being in the good 'ol U.S. of A. in 5 days...

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
Lila,

We're visiting my son and family and I'm not doing as well as you did. Congrats! Good for you. They eat the SAD way. Lucky they make accommodations for my husband and me. Great wonderful son, great DIL!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
Lila,

Could you have gained lean muscle mass due to all that walking? What does the tape measure say?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »

Sponsored Links