This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 10294 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Magnesium
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »

I've never heard before that claustrophia is a sign of magnesium deficiency!!!

http://greenhealingnow.com/2014/06/30/7-signs-you-may-be-deficient-in-magnesium/

I wonder if Dr. Carolyn Dean says this also? I'm reading one of her books plus a lot of her online material. She's pretty much a magnesium expert. I feel that I'm learning a lot...especially about myself.

http://drcarolyndean.com/

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »
Oops! This probably should have been posted under General Discussion.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
I started taking Dean's 'ReMag' three days ago and I can't tell you how wonderful it is NOT to be swallowing that great big pill.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
Deanna,

When I think of how many huge calcium and magnesium pills I just gagged on during most of my adult life with very little to show for it, it just makes me angry.  The elements were just not absorbed!   I am feeling a tremendous difference with Dr. Dean's picometer sized magnesium and mineral drops.  It is just a good product that actually is absorbed by your cells, does not cause diarrhea because it doesn't even reach the large intestine before it is absorbed.

I eat avocado and green leafy vegetables and yet still needed this formulation.  I really do feel the difference and highly recommend it.  I take Dr. Dean's ReMag, ReLyte and ReAline. 

It is also terrific to have much fewer bottles on my shelf!   

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »
We're taking Dr. Dean's ReMag and DH is taking the ReLyte as well. He's no longer having leg cramps. I'm showing some improvements, but not as fast as he is. My body is more whacked out...

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
I got my shipment too, and loving it so far thanks Barbara for the recommendation, I'm excited to see how it makes a difference!!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
We just got our shipment too.   I agree that it's nice not to have a big pill.   It tastes pretty horrible though. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 04:48:46 AM »
Haven't actually "tasted" it I guess putting it in my water bottle with flavored (not sweetened) sparkling water - will have to give it a taste, just for the heck of it .  ;)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »
I add mine into stevia or similarly sweetened ice tea. Sometimes I add it to my sweetened, cream added coffee.  I'll add it to a smoothie or anything I can mix it up with, but not heated.   I don't find the ReMag quite so bad tasting.  Its the ReLyte minerals that has an "off" flavor to me.  By mixing it into something you've diluted the flavor and still get the benefits.  Yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese and similar are all good.

It is nearly 6 weeks since I started using this.  My body is still getting rid of toxins.  It is very, very important to make sure you are hydrating enough.  As your body is utilizing these newly absorbed nutrients, it really does need more than your normal water consumption.  I'm sweating much more than I ever did.  At first it was smelly, but now it is just wet!  Here in NJ, we've had quite a few days of 90*+ weather with high humidity.  I've noticed that I am able to work in the sun on my gardens increasingly longer than before.  Bright sunlight isn't giving me a glare headache and my sinuses don't swell whenever the breeze carries the scent of a fresh cut lawn.

I'm digesting food better and hardly get that acid reflux at all, even when I'm bending down.  Much improved stamina!  Better overall ability to concentrate and remember things.  Overall, I feel much calmer.  Magnesium really is involved with hundreds of processes in your body.  I feel myself gaining strength in a subtle way that neither pills nor ionic formulations ever provided.   

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »
I just put mine in a small glass of water and drink half with breakfast and half with lunch.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
I am tired of those big pills (Magnesium Malate, the kind recommended by Dr. D.)

I may try the drops, but they seem a bit pricey.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »
Lila,

Actually, the prices are very reasonable because the bottles contain 8 oz. and you use very little daily because it is so potent.  The bottle will last you OVER 2 months at Dr. Dean's recommended dose.  Remember, you actually absorb and benefit from the magnesium and the minerals, unlike the other brands which are so hard to swallow and may cause loose stools.  I wouldn't have really believed it except the more I read Dr. Dean's articles and books, the more I became convinced that it was worth a try.  It certainly was!  Even better than the ionic liquid brands which are much more expensive!  I really am feeling so much more energetic, enthusiastic and am able to concentrate for long periods of time and remember things! 

My doctor recommended 25 mg synthroid because my body temperature was a bit low. After 3 months, there weren't any appreciable results.  I stopped taking it.  After only 6 weeks of ReMag and ReLyte, my body temp is normal and I have much more energy.  To me, these products are as important and as beneficial as not eating grains and sugar.   
[size=78%]  [/size]

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
Barbara,
I'll give the liquid magnesium a try. I hate those big pills I've been taking. I'm also thinking about changing to a liquid fish oil but the taste of that is so nasty...memories of cod liver oil when I was growing up.

Reading about the ReLyte, I'm sure I would benefit from the selenium, but since I have Hashimoto's, the iodine supplementation wouldn't be a good thing, at least according to what I've been reading. My thyroid meds are a lot higher dosage than yours: Synthroid 137mcg and Cytomel 10mcg (and I could probably move to 15 or 20). My TSH was higher (2.8 up from 1.9) last week when my endo did tests again. Free T3 and T4 were much better though, so she did not adjust my meds this time. Aside from not losing weight, I feel great.

Have you ever supplemented selenium (other than what you get in ReLyte)? Occasionally I eat a couple of raw brazil nuts, but I don't really like them much.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »
Hi Lila,

I don't think you have to worry about the minerals in Relyte causing problems with your thyroid.  ReLyte's effect on Hashimoto's has to be a commonly asked question.  Why don't you email Dr. Dean by contacting customer support and ask for their references or where you can find Dr. Dean's opinion/discussion. 

Everything I've read seems to say that magnesium AND balanced minerals are very important for thyroid recovery, with iodine necessary and selenium needed too.  The only caveat was that iodine should be slowly increased after being wheat free for months in order to give your body a chance to start healing.  The 12 minerals in ReLyte are perfectly balanced and enhances your magnesium intake as well as electrolyte activity.  They support your bone health, blood vessel integrity, blood sugar balance, thyroid support, heart function and immune system regulation as well regulate, effect and affect metabolism at all levels because the minerals and magnesium actually enters all your cells.

I'm going to finish the bottles of minerals I purchased prior to ReMag and ReLyte, but will never have to buy again.  No more trying to balance these with each other and my food intake.  I've eaten Brazil Nuts, taken selenium pills, various combinations, concentrations and formulations.  I wasn't absorbing most of them.  Never felt much different.  ReMag and ReLyte changed all that! 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
Lila,

have you heard of Dr. Brownstein?    http://www.drbrownstein.com/Iodine-Why-You-Need-It-p/iodine.htm   I used to belong to an iodine user group on Yahoo, a few years ago, and learned some amazing things about iodine.  I was taking drops for quite a while, they made me stop for the surgery last year, and I never started back up, not sure why, just too many things on my plate right now, and I forget.  but I intend to get back into tit and thought I'd share with you, in case you hadn't heard of him.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »
This is by Dr. Carolyn Dean...very informative and simplified. Makes me happy I'm on ReMag.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036049_magnesium_weight_loss_cure.html

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:11 AM »
I'm wondering if I take enough? I use the kind Dr. Davis recommended.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
> I'm wondering if I take enough?

For what desired outcome, or management of what annoyance?
I don't see that in the thread.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »
Some excellent references at the end of this article under More News on Magnesium:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038892_magnesium_atrial_fibrillation_disease.html

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
Deanna,

Good articles!

I agree with Dr. Dean's conclusions.  In the 2.5 months I've been taking ReMag and ReLyte (additional minerals), I'v noticed increased energy, stamina, better digestion and overall improvement in the way I feel.  I think the ionic-picometer liquid is easy to utilize and really is much better absorbed than the large pills I swallowed.  Fewer pill bottles too!  I must have been depleted despite a magnesium/mineral rich diet and taking all those pills.  The products last a long time and are definitely price competitive and worth every penny of cost. 

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
I think the one thing I've noticed the most since I starting ReMag is the calmness in my body. My chiropractor has REALLY noticed. Also I've been able to get through some problems in the aftermath of cataract surgery with relative calmness. I think I must be very magnesium depleted because I could seldom take a magnesium pill because of the extreme diarrhea. I'm still low dose on ReMag. DH is taking ReMag AND ReLyte. I think the thing he's noticed the most is no leg cramps. I've also noticed that my elbows and heels are softer and the RLS is somewhat less.

I'm hoping I'm getting benefits for my heart also. It's supposed to have a very positive effect on a-fib.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »

Sponsored Links