This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: drinking the wrong kind of milk?  (Read 1150 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
drinking the wrong kind of milk?
« on: July 06, 2014, 03:15:00 AM »
WBB has a terrific discussion on "what's a cow got that you ain't got"  and one of the articles talks about the different casein in different breeds of cows.  For all of you who might consider yourself dairy intolerant, this article is a must read:http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/a1-milk-a2-milk-america for you.  The premise is that you might not be intolerant of cow dairy, but rather of the breed of cow producing the milk.   

If the link doesn't get you to the article, you may have to go to the search area on the top right and type in: You are drinking the wrong kind of milk.

There are other excellent articles posted on the WBB thread that you might want to take the time to read. 

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: drinking the wrong kind of milk?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:27:23 AM »
Read this earlier, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.  I don't drink milk, but use cream and love butter.  Never made my daughter drink milk, had the feeling that she might be allergic, and think that was true.  She did eat lots of yoghurt and cheese when younger.  Still loves it all, but has cut back drastically the last few months.

I read a lot of the comments, and there is an argument over raw/pasteurized milk ongoing, quite informative, not sure whom to believe.  Does anyone here drink raw milk, or use the products?  Living in SC now, it's actually legal, and we have a store close by, that sells it, along with other fresh farm items, like eggs etc.  I have been curious about the cream, and might go order some, to try.  I've talked to the Farmer they get their raw milk from, it's Milky Way Farm, in Starr SC. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 07:50:22 AM »
BarbinNC,

I grew up on certified raw milk here in NJ, until they outlawed it.  The problems arise from lack of sanitary conditions and refrigeration.  Every time you process the milk, you destroy some of the beneficial bacteria.  For the processor's convenience, milk is BOILED which is called "ultra-pasteurized" and has a minimal of the good bacterias.  Even homogenized milk breaks up the fats and changes the taste so we, the consumer, can be lazy.

I would jump at the chance to buy these dairy products! 

HungryinTN

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »
We can get raw milk here in Tennessee direct from the farmer, sold as a "pet food."  It's delicious!  I absolutely love it.  My mother has some issues with dairy, but has never had an adverse reaction to the raw.  Unfortunately, right after I bought her a bunch of raw milk, yogurt, and kefir, her doctor told her to eliminate ALL dairy.  I think if my mother had asked, the doctor may have felt differently about raw, but she didn't ask, so she won't drink it anymore.  Of course, it doesn't stop her from getting into the cheese dip at Mexican restaurants...Meanwhile $30 worth of raw dairy which I transported down to Montgomery from Tennessee for her on my very very VERY limited budget has gone to waste...

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:00:57 AM »
Hungary,

If the products have not spoiled, ask your Mom to place them in the freezer for you.  You can use them the next time you visit them.  I freeze dairy products all the time with no adverse problems, except the heavy cream needs to be used in recipes requiring it to be heated rather than just poured from the carton for whipped cream.  Shame to have this go to waste.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »
Thanks for that info, both of you!  I am going to check in with them later this afternoon, they are right down the road, and I will let you know how it goes.  Maybe make my own yoghurt and kefir the possibilities are endless!   :D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »

Sponsored Links