This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Pure maple syrup - 53 grams of sugar for a serving  (Read 1514 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Pure maple syrup - 53 grams of sugar for a serving
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:39:45 AM »
Usually my son has an egg breakfast before school, but he really wanted waffles.  I found some gluten free waffles for him at Sprouts.  ( He's not dieting so I figure I can do replacement carbs on him ).

Anyhow, we have pure maple syrup at home, which I was just about to pour on his waffles, when I saw that it was 53 grams of sugar!  Wow!

I then looked at the non-pure syrup that has high fructose corn syrup in it, and that is still 43 grams of sugar.

Luckily I had some sugar free maple syrup on hand, which I used.

Apparently, on a normal diet, according to Dr. Oz, women should not have more than 24 grams of sugar and men no more than 36 grams of sugar.

Bellamouse

• View Profile
Re: Pure maple syrup - 53 grams of sugar for a serving
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
Maybe you already know this, but the "gluten free" waffles are not just for people who aren't trying to lose weight.  The wheat replacements cause sky high LDL and VLDL which cause heart attacks.  Having nothing to do with weight.  So those waffles aren't really good for your son either.   Maybe you could make and freeze almond flour pancakes or something?  Just a thought. 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
Maybe you already know this, but the "gluten free" waffles are not just for people who aren't trying to lose weight.  The wheat replacements cause sky high LDL and VLDL which cause heart attacks.  Having nothing to do with weight.  So those waffles aren't really good for your son either.   Maybe you could make and freeze almond flour pancakes or something?  Just a thought.

Making and freezing almond flour pancakes is a great idea!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »

Sponsored Links