This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Yeast - Yes or No?  (Read 1691 times)

enthuz

• View Profile
Yeast - Yes or No?
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
I see that this question has been asked, but I don't see were it has been answered. Can we use yeast for baking? Is there a special kind that is WB okay? Can someone please answer this question?
Wheat Free & Loving It!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: Yeast - Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:26 PM »
I see no problem with using yeast in baking, however, it's not really necessary but I've read recipes that add it for flavor.  The yeast is such a major part of bread baking, I might have to try it.

Why do you ask?  do you have a recipe in mind? 

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
Yes, there are some on this forum with it and I was on YT searching vids for new ideas and they were using it too. It was suggested to use Nutritional Yeast. I wanted to try it on the Coconut Bread.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:28 PM »
Well do report back and let us know how it tastes, and post the recipe, if it's a new one!

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 05:29:58 PM »
I definitely will. I'm doing up my shopping list now. I have a lot to cook up this weekend. I will be trying a lot of different things. You all have directed me to a lot of very good alternatives, so I'm stocking up and making a mess in the kitchen all weekend.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
Love your enthuziasm!!   ;D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »

Sponsored Links