This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: So sad tonight  (Read 3073 times)

Lila

• View Profile
So sad tonight
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
I learned that my admin at my previous position committed suicide last night. She was wonderful, beautiful, and brilliant. She was the best thing I did for my department and it is largely true that she was the reason the department was better when I left than when I arrived there. My heart is heavy......

It is so hard to know why someone who brought so much joy to everyone in her life had so little in hers and felt that the world would be better without her. It isn't.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: So sad tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
I'm so sorry Lila.   Very sad.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
Lila,

How sad.  I wonder how much grains and sugar were involved in the underlying depression and muddled thinking? 

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Barb... too soon. And we know too little about this person to speculate. You never know what's really going on in someone's life or their head.

Lila, I'm sorry about your friend. I've been there and it's very hard. I wish there was something I could say, but the best I can manage is I'm sorry.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:51:32 AM »
I am so sorry.  It's so very hard to lose someone so special.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »
It's jolting when someone so young and beautiful, who seemingly has it all, doesn't want to live any longer.  It must be so very painful, and part of me understands that emotion, to an extent.  A friend at work lost her son to suicide last year, and it's been excruciating watching her go through the motions.  I have tried to help her through it, but the open questions of why, could I have done something to prevent, why didn't I see the signs, what happened they will never leave her.  There was no note or indication, he was successful, intelligent, had plans for travel, talked to her online that morning doing a word game  and went out to his truck later that day and shot himself.

I'm saying a prayer for the parents.  It's probably one of the most painful thing I can imagine going through.  May they find the strength to go on, and find peace again.  My condolences to you, Lila. 

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »
I'm sorry Lila. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »
Having lived with depression for many years, it becomes like a cancer of the soul. On the outside, we smile, laugh, take care of our appearances, keep down jobs, raise kids, etc. Inside it is like a slow death, like being eaten alive.
We fear rejection that we will be judged for being weak. We fear losing our jobs, our children, ourselves.
Sometimes, people fight until they get the help they need. Sometimes, the fight is too much and letting go seems the only choice left.

The only consolation I can offer is that people who suicide, are no longer in pain. They can rest now.

There are no answers. And even if there were, the answers wouldn't make sense to those who haven't fought the valiant fight.   

Remember these people the way they were before they lost the fight.  That is who they really are. Not their deaths.

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Beautifully said, Vibe.

My condolences to you, Lila.

Ldyrdr

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »

Remember these people the way they were before they lost the fight.  That is who they really are. Not their deaths.

Lila, I am sorry for your loss. Vibe said it perfectly.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »
Lila, I'm very sorry for your loss.  Many people are transitioning now because of the new energies that are bombarding earth, but others here are right...we can't see into a person's soul and know what's really going on with them.  If it were me (and I've done this recently with another classmate who died) -- sit and talk with her, just like she was right there with you, because she is.  Tell her how sad her passing is for you, and anything else you want to say to her.  It will help your healing.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »

Sponsored Links