This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Deep Dish Low-Carb Pizza  (Read 1199 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Deep Dish Low-Carb Pizza
« on: July 23, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »

Deep Dish Low-Carb Pizza
Find original recipe at: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pizza/r/deepdishpizza.htm

4-5 eggs
6-8 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
teaspoon salt
pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
Parmesan cheese
Shredded Italian cheeses, or Mozzerella cheese

Heat the oven to 350 F.
1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a stick blender, mix the eggs and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt and spices and blend again.

2) Butter 9X13 pan and spread cheese in bottom. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 25-45 minutes, or until the top is browning.

3) Remove from oven, add sauce and more cheese. Then add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional Information: Each serving has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 11 grams protein, and 179 calories.

Reviews:

Low Carb Pizza
I thought this was a great alternative to regular pizza delivery. i'm in my 3rd week of trying lower carbs and just trying to eat better, so anyway i was craving pizza! and found this. i changed it up a bit and used 2 eggs, an entire 8oz of cream cheese, garlic, pepper seasonings and 1/2 c Moz cheese. butter the pan. The crust was so easy to make, it did not brown on top so i left it in for 20 min, then i let it cool a good 15 minutes before adding toppings and let it cook for 10 more min on 400 I like the broil option i read earlier to make the top browner - maybe crispier? but also next time i'll try the cookie sheet to thin it out. I was full after a few pieces and had some for breakfast the next day!

After reading the reviews I cut the eggs to 4 and used 6 oz of cream cheese. I melted butter in a 9x13 glass pan and covered the bottom with Parmesan Cheese (green can). I also spread mozzarella cheese on top of the Parmesan and then poured the egg mixture over it. I baked it for 35-40 minutes on 350, spread pasta sauce on the crust and added more cheese, pepperoni and Canadian bacon. I baked it for about 15 more minutes. Turned out great, nothing stuck to the pan, I could hold it or use a fork. My kids and husband said this was better then regular pizza. Warmed up great for lunch the next day in the microwave. Thanks for the recipe!

Lots more reviews on the website...

(Note from Deanna: Link above is where I found it, but I tweaked it a little based on the comments. It was very good. DH said it's the best grain free pizza we've had and certainly the best "gluten free". Read the comments...lots of them!)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Re: Deep Dish Low-Carb Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »
This is the one I make, for many years and it is truly delicious and so easy to make.  A sure hit with kids, and grown ups alike!!

;)

Wheat Free Forum

Re: Deep Dish Low-Carb Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »

Sponsored Links