This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: psychology of food and eating fat  (Read 559 times)

VibeRadiant

psychology of food and eating fat
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
This is an interesting observation I've made.

Three or so weeks ago, I started a fat fast. Consume nothing but fat all day long and have 1 re-feeding day on day 6. On the fat fasting days, I would consume BPC, butter, and chocolate bliss (90% coconut oil, the rest cocoa, sweetener and gelatin) in quantities that I wanted. On the re-feed day, I would eat animal protein, fat and sweet potatoes/squash. The re-feed day was a heavy consumption day, finding it almost hard to eat all the sweet potatoes that I needed to eat and the fat and animal protein. I managed and felt pleasantly stuffed and satiated. Positive that I would lose weight/inches.  I measured myself and did lose inches. I had an opportunity to weigh myself and sure enough, I lost weight too. 

Now, last Monday, I decided that I needed to eat one meal a day as I no longer felt great just consuming fat. I still have BPC or BPTea, I have 1 or 2 pieces of bliss bar during the day, as I did during the fat fast, but now I have supper. Supper is an animal protein (beef or eggs), non starchy veggies in butter or lard. 

Although I haven't measured myself, I feel that I have gained the weight back. I don't want to measure myself because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

All of what I know about eating LCHF says that calories don't matter. As long as one keeps carbs low and fat high, ketosis will occur and fat loss will follow.

Yet, I can't shake the belief that because I added a meal, I am consuming excessive calories and thus gaining weight.

This is the psychology of eating food and still feeling like it is the enemy.

How does one get past that?

Wheat Free Forum

psychology of food and eating fat
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »

Sponsored Links