This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Gov. Christie  (Read 1704 times)

Linda R

Gov. Christie
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »
So the "gov" made the decision to go with lap band surgery to help with his weight issues. I wonder if he ever tried to go low carb and if not, why not?  I do, however, hope this works for him.
Is this a safe alternative? 
He does look as though he has dropped some weight already.   
Is this for his health or for a run for POTUS in 2016?  [Yeah, we all know what he is saying publicly.]

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Gov. Christie
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »
I was reading about that too.  You of course eat much less which is good, which ultimately will help you decrease your overall carb and sugar intake.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
I don't think it's good...and probably not safe. Just my opinion though.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
I thought he was going to do it but then realized the surgery was a done deal. I knew a woman about five years ago who had that done and she lost about 140+ lbs......but she's gained some back due to a high starch diet.....plus she had some terrible side effects as well. I think WB would have been a better way to go!

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »
My PCP had the surgery. She lost over 100lbs but paid. She was always sick & lost a lot of her hair. It was hard too for me to talk about my weight issues with her.  I have hypothyroidism & post menopause.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
I hope he reaches a healthy weight for himself and I also hope he learns the dangers of wheat.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Newspaper pix show that he is indeed thinner.  You can almost see his facial features now.  Too bad neither he, nor his doctors are in a WB frame of mind or at least they are not talking about it or any other matters pertaining to his health.  Gov. Christie has been adamant about his right to privacy.  He announced the surgery weeks after the event. Said he did this for his wife and family and always had a weight problem.  Nor more press statements on this topic.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »

Sponsored Links