This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Greek Yoghurt Mislabeled?  (Read 2140 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Greek Yoghurt Mislabeled?
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/07/24/consumer-reports-says-whole-foods-greek-yogurt-is-mislabeled/

Can't find where we had that yoghurt discussion, but heard this on the news the other day, and thought about it.  Just can't trust anybody any more but Fage seems on the up and up.  Will go look for that 4% fat content again, it has the cream on the top, which is the best part.  Like in the olden days . ;)

Linda R

Re: Greek Yoghurt Mislabeled?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
Another reason to stick with Cabot. A full fat Greek yogurt, totally delicious!

http://www.cabotcheese.coop/products/Plain-Greek-Style-Yogurt

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:22:32 PM »
I'm getting full fat Cabot next time, and will serve my Mom for breakfast with berries and the Magnesium drops . BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! 

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
I think Whole Foods sells the full fat Fage, which I can't get at my local grocery store.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
We have a new Whole Foods in town, on the way to my Mom's house, I will stop by there tomorrow!

Thanks Randal, you are a fountain of good info!!  ;)

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »
I think it's the full fat. I'm used to seeing the ones with 0% and 2% on the label, but this one didn't call out its fat. When I checked the nutritional label, it had more fat than the 2% so I'm assuming it's the full fat variety.

It really sucks that so many Greek yoghurts are proud that they are low- or no- fat.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
I recall reading something a while ago (when I fat fat free - not that I was any thinner mind you ...) that showed just how much fat there really was in reduced fat milks like 2%, 1%, etc, would apply to other dairy products like yogurt.

This is pretty similar to that article, so misleading labelling is

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_percent.php

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »
Well, I notice I wake up really congested and grouchy when I eat yoghurt in the evening not sure but could I be allergic?  That would be very sad indeed. :(

I think I'm switching to Chia pudding for our evening treat, it's so healthy and easy to work with!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
BarbinNJ,

Sometimes reactions are fleeting while your body is cleaning itself out.  Sometimes a sensitivity you hadn't noticed before surfaces.  Sometimes it is just an over abundance of the same kind of food (or food group) eaten in a short period of time. Sometimes it is an ingredient in the food.  You have to experiment on yourself.   Often, you can re-introduce these foods at a later date to see if you are still sensitive to them.  Your body will let you know right away!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »

Sponsored Links