This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Saturated Fat  (Read 1769 times)

Linda R

Saturated Fat
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
Interesting graphic.  Obviously media simply does not see all of the sugar and grain.

VibeRadiant

Re: Saturated Fat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
the bottom part looks delicious!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »
I can't quite read the black headings but the bottom looks like real food, whereas the top is undisputed junk. McD Corp probably gets ad milage from these things.

Linda R

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »
I can't quite read the black headings but the bottom looks like real food, whereas the top is undisputed junk. McD Corp probably gets ad milage from these things.

If you give it a click, it should enlarge.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:39:21 AM »
I tried that but I think I need to switch to the laptop and see if I get better resolution there.  This looked interesting and I'm curious.

Janknitz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
The words say:
 "What the media thinks a high fat diet looks like" above the top picuture
"What a diet high in saturated fat actually looks like"
"Loving the low carb, high fat lifestyle"

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »
Thanks, Janknitz.  Big difference between the real and the perceived, isn't there?  Why do they believe the only fat is at McD's?  People don't eat there because they're dumb, they 'perceive' themselves as having too little time.  As in: I don't have time to pack a healthy lunch the night before (5 minutes), I don't have time to make my bed (4 min), I don't have time to properly brush my teeth (4 min), no time to put on laundry.... well, you get the idea and we know how much time is wasted doing the fast thing: like driving to McD's on your break (20 mins)! A friend and I often joke about writing a book for poorly abled people on what you can accomplish in five minutes; we named it "Life in Five Minutes".  We could have a fun time here with a thread like that!  I can just see Randal's: lift 250lbs forty times... :D

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »
Lynda, I'm able to enlarge it on my iPad with just a tap.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »
Thanks, Deanna.  I finally dragged myself in to the laptop and was able to get a nice clear image. All I got on the tablet was a blur.  (That tablet hates me!)  That's a great poster.  It really gives a good visual explanation of our WOE.  The top part has no nutritional value at all, no wonder the poor guy looks miserable.  That's the worst part: you don't feel well.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »

Sponsored Links