This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: WB Ranch Dressing  (Read 6502 times)

Teresa

• View Profile
WB Ranch Dressing
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »
Ok, assuming that most of us already have this recipe so I'm not posting it but....is anyone else besides me completely enamored of this stuff?  Oh my WORD it is so delicious I could literally eat it with a spoon!  (Maybe I have once or twice...don't judge me.) 

I make it almost ever single week (with homemade mayo to boot).  I can't stop. Hello...my name is Teresa and I am a WB Ranchaholic.  I am just curious if there are any other ranchaholics out there.

Teresa
~Teresa

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: WB Ranch Dressing
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:27:30 AM »
I don't have the WB recipe. This is the one I use. Is yours different? Cant remember who mine came from.

Mayo
Greek yogurt
Fresh dill
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt and pepper
Thin it to the consistency you like with buttermilk (optional)
Keeps a week in the fridge

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:36:41 AM »
I love the WB ranch too. Just made another batch. We're having Mother day gathering today & I made it for veggies plate & dip for grilled chicken wings. I'll probably pour it over my burger too!! 

Family loved WBCB ranch dressing. Everyone asked for recipe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:53:24 PM by Weeksie »

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »
The WB version is sour cream, mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, a little water to thin it, and I think a pinch of salt (going from memory here).  I keep thinking I might try to change it up a little but so far I haven't managed to get past the basic recipe.  It's THAT good!  And very simple too, which is a definite bonus for me. 

Even though I have a ton of kids and used to cook ALOT, it was always prison style...whatever could be cooked in a vat and would prevent a riot.  Once the kids got old enough to feed themselves my cooking skills sort of fell by the wayside.  But now that I'm wheat free (and semi-Paleo) of course I have no choice but to cook, so I'm sort of starting from scratch.  Having an arsenal of easy and delicious recipes is a huge help. 

No idea why I needed to give that long monologue about ranch dressing but my point is...it's DELICIOUS!  :D

Teresa
~Teresa

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
We made the WB version this weekend, and oh man, was it good. Will make it again when youngest DD and her fiance arrive this week. Her 25th birthday is this Thursday, and they're having their engagement party on Saturday.

And Teresa, is that YOU in your avatar? 

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:45:41 AM »
See!  I told you!  And silly me...I didn't even get around to making it this weekend.  It'll have to be tomorrow since I have a super exciting European/American Chamber of Commerce dinner to go to tonight.  Should be a real HOOT!

Yep, that's me...at my son's wedding last October.  Cheesin' it up for the camera!  :D
~Teresa

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
Simply stunning! I thought maybe it was one of your daughters. Seriously, no one would think you're 45, much less the mother of 7 children.  :)

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Well aren't you a sweetheart? Thank you!  I was irradiated as a small child which might be extending my shelf-life somewhat.  ;D

I'll post a picture of my whole crew from the wedding day over in the OT section.
~Teresa

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
  I was irradiated as a small child which might be extending my shelf-life somewhat.  ;D

I just have to say that made me giggle!! You really are much younger looking than your 45 years! I'd have thought you were maybe in your early thirties. But then I saw the picture of you with your son at his wedding and thought "wow, she has to be older than that!" HA!

I haven't tried the ranch dressing yet, but it sounds delicious. So many good new things to try! I'm so hooked on his horseradish sauce I put it on everything!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 07:04:45 AM »
Finally tried the WBCB Ranch dressing and it was delicious.

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 07:40:13 AM »
I'll be making some tonight for sure!  I'm getting my veggie bin today (from here: http://www.greenbeandelivery.com/) and MUST have ranch dressing for dipping.  I'm addicted to the sugar snap peas. 
~Teresa

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
Thx Teresa for posting the ranch dressing ingredients. I found it in my WB book...had thought it was only in the cookbook which I haven't sprung for yet because I don't do many substitutions for breads, flours or desserts. We eat chocolate for something sweet and don't really miss the breads. I do keep a box of rice crackers and we may eat a handful of them every few months.

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 09:18:19 AM »
I love love love this dressing too, so is my entire family! But we prefere to use it for dipping instead of a dressing...

Linda R

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
I'll be making some tonight for sure! I'm getting my veggie bin today (from here: http://www.greenbeandelivery.com/) and MUST have ranch dressing for dipping.  I'm addicted to the sugar snap peas.

Doncha just love this service? I am also involved with an organic vegetable/fruit delivery service (https://www.prudentproduce.net/)here in Iowa. I receive my bin every other Monday and it is so much fun to open that container and check out all my latest goodies. I debated doing this for a long time due to cost, but decided that this is truly a good and wise investment in ME, and MY HEALTH!

Teresa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
I agree, it is fantastic and well worth the money.  Everyone in the house gets excited for the bin to show up and my fridge is literally crammed with beautiful organic fruits and veggies, along with grass fed butter & milk, and free roaming chicken eggs.  I sometimes get chicken thighs or drumsticks from them too. 
~Teresa

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »

Sponsored Links