This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: A Slimmer Me!  (Read 5369 times)

enthuz

• View Profile
A Slimmer Me!
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
I have had a few revelations since starting WB at the beginning of July.

First off I never was a "veggie lover". Sunday, I had to stop eating and reflect when it dawned on me that I was eating a bowl of veggies and some grilled chicken thinking that it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. For this I blame everyone here for making me love my veggies!  ;)  Too bad my parents aren't alive to hear me say that!

Secondly I stood on the scale and I'm down to 201 from a high of 225. This is all with dieting, since I've yet to start my workouts. Promotion at work has me very busy for now. I'm back in my thinner clothes and loving it. The top half of my abs are coming back like a long lost relative.

I'm loving everything about WB...the bulletproof coffee, bacon, WB recipes, bacon, Wb pizzas, veggies, WB desserts and did I say bacon?! Every week or so, I find another meal that looks good via Pinterest (yes, I'm a guy on Pinterest) or on WFF. This helps keep this new way of life fresh. Others have asked me if I plan to keep this WB thing up or just until I reach my desired weight (sub 200s). I always respond...I've yet to find a reason to not do WB. It is so good and the benefits are countless.

So to my WB family, thank you for the encouragement and the WB education as I continue this WF life journey!
Wheat Free & Loving It!

Lila

• View Profile
Re: A Slimmer Me!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
Congratulations!!

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:07 PM »
That's awesome!  The veggies thing is the most amazing part to me.  I always tried to make sure I ate enough vegetables, but I never really loved them until I started this WOE.  It is eye-opening!

jgilberAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »
Ditto!
Low Carb Since April 2009.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »
Congratulations!   I love that you've had this veggie 'ah-ha'!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
The first time I ate steamed broccoli after I was LCHF, I thought, "This is the best broccoli I've ever eaten!"

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
Yeah, Enthuz!!  I, too, have marveled at how good veggies taste now.  Even celery has a slight sweet taste and is part of my plan every day.  Good job!

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »
Broccoli was my arch nemesis during my childhood. For the past two days, my lunch (homemade vegetable and chicken stir fry) had broccoli in it. I tried not to think about it so I wouldn't trick my mind into disgust. This WB rocks!!! Oh yeah, I have a local cook that is making me a Squash casserole too. It's soooo good too. It has butter, vanilla, cinnamon and other spices. The last time he made it, I actually licked the plate. He is always trying to get me to eat more veggies, saying that its all in the way you cook them. I must concede to this truth.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:01:54 PM »
Enthuz,

Would your friend share the squash casserole recipe with us?  It is supposed to be a long, cold, wet, stormy winter here in NJ.  A yummy stick-to-the-ribs casserole would be most welcome.  And yes, the preparation and skill of the cook matters!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
Yeah, Enthuz!!    Even celery has a slight sweet taste and is part of my plan every day. 

:o  blech! lol!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »
Celery is the biggest surprise to me as well.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
Well, that explains the popularity of celery with buffalo wings!

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
Enthuz,

Would your friend share the squash casserole recipe with us?  It is supposed to be a long, cold, wet, stormy winter here in NJ.  A yummy stick-to-the-ribs casserole would be most welcome.  And yes, the preparation and skill of the cook matters!

It won't hurt to ask. I'll let you know.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
Enthuz,

Sorry, he didn't let me have it. He owns his own eatery now and that is part of his menu.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

enthuz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »
I finally got over my plateau and hit 197 lbs. this weekend! I was able to get below 200 lbs. before my birthday (198 lbs. on Wednesday). What a wonderful gift from WB to me. Even DW is looking even sexier with her weight loss. I can't keep her off my mind.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
A couple of years ago my DH went through radiation (about a year into WB) and he lost all his taste for food...except celery!!! He said it was the only food that tasted like what it is. Needless to say, we had celery at almost every meal...even breakfast!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
Congrats on your milestone!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
Good for you, Enthuz.

No_wheat_here (Ann)

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
Excellent, Enthuz.  I love reading the success stories.  Keeps my motivated.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »

Sponsored Links