This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: The New My Plate  (Read 2894 times)

VibeRadiant

The New My Plate
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »
This new My Plate makes a lot more sense.

Randal

• View Profile
Re: The New My Plate
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:24:10 PM »
I hate any feeling of smugness that comes from this, but I just saw a woman at the grocery store who must have been about 5 feet tall and at least 60 pounds overweight. When she behind me at the register, I looked in her cart: bread, soda, potato chips, potato salad, cupcakes, and a couple other items. Sugar and sugar pre-cursors. People don't have a chance.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
The USDA actually is working on a revised MyPlateOfMetabolicSyndrome.

Tom Naughton gnawed on it a bit on his blog.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »
Randal,

Your are right on the button!  These people don't have a chance when they eat that way.  However, they do have a choice of what to purchase and what they place in their mouths.  At some point in their lives they must accept the responsibility of their choices of food or suffer the health consequences of their choices.

Even Michelle Obama tried to get healthier choices on school menus.  It is hard to convince kids that the chemically enhanced sugar and starches are seriously detrimental to their health unless they actually get sick.

bill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »
Randal:

Not smug, just observant.   We can see it all the time.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
Ha! I didn't notice so much when the lady was me!

Now I watch all the time, especially the carts that also have children in them and children tag-a-longs. Feeling sorry for what their life is going to be like because I've lived it.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
Lila,

We all have "lived it".   We really believed our government, our doctors and our corporations were honestly "doing the right thing".  Only recently have professionals spoken up and bucked the system.  The "truths" that were hidden are now becoming available to the public.  One person/family at a time is being converted to our way of eating.  The medical profession has lost its prestige, drug companies are having their products scrutinized much more carefully and big ag is under a microscope as well.  The poisons they taut and nutrient bare food are being exposed for what they are. When we walk away from all the processed products and just say no to medications that really don't work, then the market place will provide food items that are nourishing and medicines that really do work without poisoning us (think curcumin instead of Advil).  A business needs customers.
When we walk with our pocketbooks, the message we send is the most important.  It may be slow going, but each time we purchase clean food, it is a sale that doesn't promote the dishonest, uninformed and lazy in our medical and corporate community.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
Randal,

Those kids don't have a chance.
The road to failure.

This is true.  Makes me want to cry.  How can we, as a nation, possibly compete in the world marketplace if we are sickly and suffering? 

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »
Even sadder is that they probably went out for pizza after the movie. I can remember that DH and I used to be able to eat a whole large pizza and still be hungry.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Please, Boundless, tell me I read that 'talking shopping cart' wrong!  With all the misery the high carb diet has caused, I just might have to run it into a wall the first time it told me I was eating poorly.  I think I would start ordering online just to avoid hearing it.  The noise level would be incredible, people's steering would degenerate even more as they try to hear and, worse yet, it would encourage even more wheat consumption.  I bet the wheat lobby is all for it.  Boy, does the government think we are stupid.  When I worked as a retail manager, I worked with predominately low-income people.  I hate to tell the USDA that they pretty much know exactly what they are doing.  They may not have the wheat message yet but they know about the cookies, chips, soda, fruit and veggies.  They don't cook because they are working two jobs. This is a complex problem and these types of answers are too simplistic.

I agree, Randal, this threatens our national security.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:29 AM »
> Please, Boundless, tell me I read that 'talking shopping cart' wrong!

If you haven't seen Tom Naughton's speech:
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/12/17/speech-diet-health-and-the-wisdom-of-crowds/
check it out.

The USDA is far from realizing why their advice doesn't seem to be working, and Tom explains how the process works.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:33 AM »
This was a great video, Boundless.  I'm afraid that I truly believe that in the upper levels of the USDA, they know exactly what they are doing.  They just don't respect us enough. I was totally impressed with Sweden when they actually changed their diet recommendations to low carb.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »
> Please, Boundless, tell me I read that 'talking shopping cart' wrong!

If you haven't seen Tom Naughton's speech:
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/12/17/speech-diet-health-and-the-wisdom-of-crowds/
check it out.

The USDA is far from realizing why their advice doesn't seem to be working, and Tom explains how the process works.

Just finished watching the video. I love how Tom speaks so honestly and sarcastically and to the point. 

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
 I really like 'Vibe's Plate' better than the USDA!!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »
I know right? That's a food guide I can follow!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 06:03:57 AM »
 That's a food guide you can LIVE with, more folks should try it!

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
I really like the sticker at the opening of this topic.

In Germany it is the same. The preaching of health authorities goes into the direction of fat phobia and "healthy whole wheat".

VibeRadiant

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
Well, Sweden has recognized that a LCHF diet is valid and healthy. Soon there will be another country and then another.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »
Oh, I really do hope so, Vibe.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »

Sponsored Links