This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Mom and Me  (Read 1244 times)

Luna

• View Profile
Mom and Me
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
Greetings!  I am Luna, from Michigan.  I've lived in Texas for the past 30+ years, and only recently moved back to Michigan.  I moved in with Mom, and we are enjoying getting to know each other again after so many years far away from one another.  My D.O. in Texas suggested I get the Wheat Belly book and that if I went wheat-free, the "pounds would just melt off of me!"  Well, I did indeed go wheat-free, as of March 4 of this year, but the pounds have NOT melted off.  Oh, I probably lost 5-10 pounds... MAYBE... and that took at least 2 months to see.  So yes, I too am waiting for those pounds to start melting away.  But I did talk my mom into going wheat-free as well.  She is especially discouraged, as she has gained 2 lbs a week (this is only the third week for her)! I keep telling her, though, that we have not REALLY given up wheat to lose weight, but to feel better and just be healthier.  It's hard though, because for neither of us we have no "aha moment" or concrete examples where we do feel better.  Yet, I have read the book, and remain committed to this lifestyle.

So, I do all the cooking for us.  It's not easy.  But I'm glad I like to cook!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Mom and Me
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »
Welcome Luna and mom!    I feel your pain... the fat has not melted off of me either.

I think some of the issue is that we're not getting enough 'fat' in, and that we're still in the low fat mentality.  Some of us are doing a fat experiment.  Come join us!

http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,102.0.html

Also, here's what Dr. Davis says for people who are not losing weight:

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/10/i-lost-the-wheat-but-didnt-lose-weight-2/

Hope that helps.

Wheatless in Seattle

• G&SF since Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »
I've lived in Texas for the past 30+ years

Welcome, Luna! I, too, lived in Texas (in Corpus Christi on the Gulf Coast) for over 30 years before relocating to the Seattle area 8 years ago.  I really enjoyed that South Texas lifestyle. 

This forum is so supportive (thanks again, Rita!), as I'm sure you'll soon learn as you keep reading and participating.  Weight loss is different for everyone, and each 'body' has to learn how few carbs, and how much extra fat and what type of fat it needs for weight loss.  I'm a big veggie eater, so my meals are usually 2/3 veggies and 1/3 (or less) protein plus fat.  But your weight loss may come about differently.

Be encouraged and know that you have people who support you on your WB journey in this forum.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »

Sponsored Links