This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Olive Garden offering 7 weeks of unlimited pasta for $100  (Read 1759 times)

Randal

• View Profile
Olive Garden offering 7 weeks of unlimited pasta for $100
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
They should measure weight, waist, blood sugar, and triglycerides before and after.

Olive Garden and other Darden restaurants have been struggling because (1) their food sucks, and (2) they received a huge backlash for opposing better healthcare for their workers.

HungryinTN

Re: Olive Garden offering 7 weeks of unlimited pasta for $100
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
Gross.  Just all-around gross.  I never have liked OG. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
This is a very popular promotion.  Last year they served 13 million bowls of pasta.  You can get assorted chicken or shrimp "toppings" and all the Coco-Cola brand products you can drink.  They're hoping you will bring friends and will even overlook sharing and will provide doggie bags.   They are limiting the tickets to 1000 people.  What a deal!

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
I shudder to think how popular this is probably going to be around here.  I know people who will go and who shouldn't.

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:33:55 PM »
Kinda ties in with this Tweet I just read this AM

5 Reasons to Home-Cook Your Way to an Instant Health Upgrade – And 5 Tips on How To Do It

"1. Home Cooked Meals Are Nutrient Powerhouses. McDonalds? Not So Much
Now I’m not saying that all restaurant food will short-change you nutritionally, but most fast food, “family style” and “casual” restaurants will. For them, it’s not about your health, it’s about their profits. To maximize them, the cheapest ingredients possible are used in order to “pass the savings on” to you. As a result, your meals’ inexpensive ingredients will come at a high cost to your health, consisting mostly of raw materials from large-scale industrial farms and feed lots, where GMO crops, nutrient-depleted soil, pesticides and antibiotics are the order of the day. Hardly the ideal nutritional environment and not very appetizing either. Whereas, when you make your own meal with fresh, local and/or organic ingredients, each bite delivers loads of bio-available, health-supporting nutrients."

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
Oh..somebody beat me to it!! I saw this and was going to share.  I am going to pass on that offer.

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
It's cheap for a reason, also known as "you get what you pay for."

It reminds me of the episode of "The League" where they get all this free Yobogoya (a barely veiled Yoshinoya). The member of the league who has to defend the company in court comes up with the defense that if you get that much "meat" for three dollars, you don't care about your health and should have a reasonable expectation of getting sick. That show is a comedy, and that part was funny because it was true.

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
The Huffington Post labels this guy an "American hero" for practicing gluttony and damaging his health:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/olive-garden-pasta-pass-man-eats-95-times_n_6101298.html

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »
Before WB....I liked OG for lunch with their soup/salad offerings.  BUT upon reading the WB book I determined there isn't a whole lot at that restaurant that is healthy eating. We did go there with a group shortly after I began WB, for dinner.  I think I had a grilled chicken breast and the salad.  The chicken was terrible I might add so we haven't been back.

One can eat out with WB but it takes planning for sure and select places...JMHO

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

Sponsored Links