This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Wheat-free in Europe  (Read 35955 times)

Redhead65

• View Profile
Re: Wheat-free in Europe
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2015, 07:01:37 AM »
Today something really sweet happened to me. I went to the post-office to return a parcel to that clothing online store, and my post office is in a watch repair store, run by two elderly people (retirement age). I had talked with her once and mentioned that I am not eating grains. So today she gave me a packet of organic coconut flour (of an expensive brand that I had not tried before). She said "good to see yiou - I had meant to give you this since you do not eat grains and you might like this flour as much as I do".

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Hi Red - I just caught up with your journal, and have to send you big CONGRATS for doing so incredibly well!!  You have made lots of headway, and seem to be feeling so well and learning so much, it's just a pleasure to read about it. 

Barb  :D

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
Thanks, Barbara

I have been a bit lazy to write, lately, and on many mornings I find it hard to concentrate because my job life was eating me up. Up until recently so many people asked me about my deceased ex boss, and you can only answer the same question so and so many times. It especially started getting on my nerves when I got the impression that people just ask because they are personally inquisitive. If the funeral of my ex boss had been so important for them, they could also have attended it, like me, right?!
Then I had to clear out the office, and there was soooo much stuff in these cabinets. Incredible. It seemed like the last 2-3 managers had not cleared out their stuff. Finally, after I had done 60-70 per cent by myself (and nobody had cared), I walked up to a colleague who sits further away and had not seen how much I had worked, and I said "I need help".
The widow has still not contacted me. She is also an engineer like her deceased husband, so she knows how the game is played, and she knows we have things to regulate. I am sure she is an honest person, but she just thinks of her issues now. I somehow find it hard to accept that she did not even ask one of her grown children to call me. The legal department wanted his laptop because of certain data that belongs to the company. I finally told them to contact the widow themselves.
I understand that the family is going thru something terrible, but on the other hand my nerves are also limited, especially if nobody helps me and everybody thinks I have to answer every question regarding this topic.

Normally I am in a food diary here, but I had to get this off my chest. I will post separately about food now.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »
Hi. everybody. I am doing well apart from the circumstances described above.  Today I am having bullet proof coffee for breakfast. Would there be any problem with having BB coffee every day for breakfast? I do not think so, but I want to be on the safe side. Actually it has advantages - all I need is a cup and no dishes, and I am done with breakfast in less time.

Recently I bought a glass of almond paste (it is relatively liquid)  at the organic store. I have been eating out of that jar quite a bit. After work, while I prepare my food, 1-3 spoons make me half full, depending on what I have eaten before.

Last week my colleague from the State of Brandenburg brought grass-fed meet (beef, pork) and salami from the same butcher again. I can order from him regularly now
BarbNC - you had mentioned somewhere the sodium in Salami being an issue. Is the sodium content of salami higher than that of other foods you could put on a sandwhich, or is that mainly an issue for people with high blood pressure? I have low blood pressure, and I use salt sparingly when I cook food - but I admit I have a soft spot for salami.  8)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2015, 06:44:41 AM »
Hi Red, I am so sorry you have to go through that ordeal regarding your ex boss.  Really not fair of them to heap that on you, and hope you were able to make it clear, that you did all you can do.  How old a man was he, and was this a total shock?

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:27 AM »
PS - and yes, salami very high in sodium here, usually more for export, to preserve better, I guess.  I like the taste, but it has a lot of stuff in it, definitely not heathy for me, I have high blood pressure.  I like anti pasta type eating, prepare a plate with cheese, prosciutto, tomato, cucumber, peppers and all those goodies they have - I enjoy that type of stuff, with a good glass of wine, eating outside, very al fresco and European.  Just not very healthy, sorry to say ...

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:27 AM »

Sponsored Links