This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Mycotoxins.....  (Read 1032 times)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Mycotoxins.....
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
The presence of mycotoxin deteriorates neuroregeneration.....a brand new study.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140919083941.htm

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Mycotoxins.....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
Another good reason not to eat wheat and cereal products.  I'm guessing that any neuropathy caused by mycotoxins would be as progressive as any other neuropathy. I wonder how many people who have eaten a grain heavy diet have later been diagnosed with 'idiopathic' neuropathies? I've noticed there are a lot more of them around now that we do short ferments with bread. As a gardener and a farmer's  granddaughter, I know how difficult it is to control fungus,  rust and mildew. That stuff seems to live forever in the soil.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
Lynda,

Our soil is out of balance, that is why the fungus, rot and mildew lives and even thrives.  Add weather extremes and the not so good bacterias thrive while the good bacteria that keeps this in balance, is killed when chemical sprays are used. 

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:15 AM »
Our poor soil really is in seriously poor condition.  While we pretend to feed the world, we are starving our own. In the long run, I don't see that as helping anyone. All we send overseas is unhealthy.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
Lynda,

That is exactly the problem!  Starved for nutrition while in the midst of plenty.  When you are hungry, all you care about is easing the hunger pains today and you don't think about vitamins or minerals.  Big Food (thanks for the phrase Boundless!) cares only about producing and selling their products and not the nutritional components or damaged soils.  Follow the $.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »

Sponsored Links