This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Schizophrenia and Grains  (Read 1659 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Schizophrenia and Grains
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »
http://www.drperlmutter.com/treating-mental-health-grain-brain-program/?hvid=1oGos0&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=facebookpost&utm_content=blogschizophrenia&utm_campaign=Facebook%20Posts

Very interesting to me, on a personal level.  A good friend has been on medication for quite a while, after she was diagnosed but she is borderline.  I finally convinced her to try grain free, or gluten free as she calls it, and it seems to have had a very positive effect on her thinking.  Her symptoms where more like bi polar to me, but her diagnosis was Schizoid Paranoid thinking, or something like that.  Very strange, and wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could try this nutritional approach instead of the horrible meds with so many side effects.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
Re: Schizophrenia and Grains
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:40 AM »
It would be glorious.  I wish my depressive sister would try it.  I'm sure all that pasta and pizza can't make her feel better.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »
This is a powerful link to forward to those with neurodegenerative disorders.....

http://althealthworks.com/3477/video-how-this-man-reversed-his-als-lou-gehrigs-disease-symptoms-by-using-coconut-oil/

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »
What about this ketone ester? It is supposed to provide many more ketones than just coconut oil. At the end of the article below it states:

"Funding is now urgently needed to mass produce this ketone ester and conduct human clinical trials."

Why is plain coconut oil not good enough?  Why do they have to "produce" something?

http://coconutketones.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-important-article-on-ketone-ester.html

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
> Why is plain coconut oil not good enough?  Why do they have to "produce" something?

Because ketone precursors in diet may not be sufficient to raise blood ketones to therapeutic levels. Plus, exogenous ketones (XKs) can raise ketone levels whether or not your diet is ketogenic.

For anyone who might benefit from XKs (epilespy, T1D, cancer, schizophrenia, various other ailments), one product is already on the market (KetoForce, which is a salt and not an ester, and already considered GRAS).

See also Attia's recent discussion of XKs.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »

Sponsored Links