This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Instant Pumpkin ice cream  (Read 1083 times)

BarbinNC

• View Profile
Instant Pumpkin ice cream
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »

Lila

• View Profile
Re: Instant Pumpkin ice cream
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
I saw this on Danielle's website too. It looks so yummy. Gourmet Girl had some pumpkin donuts on her site recently.

This has gotten me in the mood for some pumpkin & spice.

I think I would sub a bit more pumpkin for the banana and use swerve to sub for the syrup/honey. might need to adjust liquid a bit.

BarbinNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »
I would do the same thing, although I do add more carbs to my grandson's diet.  It's my personal decision and from my reading and learning it's not necessary or even advised to cut back drastically to ketone levels of carb intake in an infant or toddler.

But again, I agree that for us insulin resistant grown ups, it's a given, and I do it by reflex.  If a recipe has too much sweetener etc. I just cut back automatically.

And I've made those pumpkin donuts etc for years pumpkin makes most baked goods moist and delicious.  It's going to be added to all chili and vegetable soups going forward.  As will small cubed beets.  I find it easy to add these nutrient dense foods in stews, soups and the like, people don't even know they are there, but they comment on how wholesome it tastes.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »

Sponsored Links