This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: It's soup time!  (Read 1489 times)

Lila

• View Profile
It's soup time!
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »
The weather has finally gotten cool enough to have soup. I made Gourmet Girl's beef & cabbage soup at
http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com/2014/09/spicy-beef-cabbage-soup-slow-cooker.html.

Delish!! I did not sautee the cabbage first--no time this morning--and just dumped it in the crock pot. It was amazing. And we have leftovers for tomorrow night!!

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
Re: It's soup time!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
Going to try making a red pepper & squash soup this weekend. Will let you know how that turns out. Managed to find one recipe with 10.8 net carbs per serving which comes to 1 cup per serving. The recipe doesn't indicate how long to cook this, so this also will become an experiment.

Another similar recipe has 9.2 net carbs. Don't know which one will be tried.

Btw: I recently learned that peppers (any color) are sweeter if there are 4 bumps on the bottom, rather than 3. Interesting.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 04:03:20 AM »
ldyrd,

3 bumps on bottom of peppers are sweeter than 4?  Any reason given? 

I'm going to experiment with the next batch of peppers I buy.  This will make a difference in a lot of my stir frys, especially Thai type because the recipes usually call for some type of sweetener which I leave out now. 

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:00:38 AM »
Oops Barbara, looks like ldyrd said 4 sweeter than 3...

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »

Deanna,

Quite right!  I'll check that out:  4 bumps sweeter than 3!  Could it just be the variety of the pepper?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »

Sponsored Links