This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: looking for high protein food  (Read 1804 times)

healthseeker2014

• View Profile
looking for high protein food
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

ok i casually searched the forum and found some threads in opposition to heirloom wheat.  i gotten sick from gmos and hybrid wheat so i'm opposed to them as well.

but if you are looking for high protein and yea wheat has that.  quinoa too but there's the saponin problem. millet's reported to be bad for thyroid.too much soy (tofu) can make you nauseous i heard. 

chicken recently has reported have higher incidences of carrying salmonella . organic beef and pork are harder to find and pretty expensive.

so aside from what i mentioned, what other choices are there for high protein? :-\

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: looking for high protein food
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:51 AM »
Buckwheat is high in protein and contains all 9 amino acids.  It is not a grass and does not contain any gluten or other undesirable elements.  The drawback is the rather distinctive taste. 

Certainly eggs from free roaming organic chickens are relatively cheap per gram of protein.  Millet is high in carbohydrates  so should be eaten in limited quantities.  Soy is not recommended to be eaten at all. 

You've left fish off your list.  Wild caught rather than farmed is the best nutrition.

Animals raised humanely, allowed to partake in normal behavior for their species and fed properly are usually not subject to diseases and usually do not carry salmonella.  It is the factory raised animals that carry the diseases and are sickly.  These, of course, are cheaper to buy.  The nutrition gained from eating them is also not the same as free range well fed animals.  Expect to pay more and use the meats in stir frys to make them stretch further. 

Dairy products are also good protein sources.  Nuts and seeds too.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
Kris Gunnars just put up an article on whey protein:
Whey Protein 101: Surprising Benefits of Powders and Shakes

This is also the main protein in Quest Bars, but then they aren't cheap.

Whey provokes an insulin response in some people.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:09:59 AM »
That is interesting. In Germany I also use whey powder as a protein source. It is also available without any added flavours.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:01:54 AM »
Great article, Boundless.  I learned a couple things, which was nice because my son uses whey for muscle building.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:01:54 AM »

Sponsored Links