This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Mayo we can buy!  (Read 12241 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Mayo we can buy!
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:05 AM »
I received an email this morning for PAYO,  which has been developed using excellent ingredients.  http://www.payo.us for additional information.  They are accepting pre-orders now.

enthuz

• View Profile
Re: Mayo we can buy!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Interesting...please let us know how it tastes.
Wheat Free & Loving It!

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:11 PM »
Oooh...I wonder what kind of shelf life it has?  I don't use mayo very much but I would love to have a jar of this to keep on hand if I knew it wasn't going to go bad before I could use it more than once or twice!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »
Hungry,

Don't know about shelf life.  You might want to inquire.  Wilderness Family has a mayo product too.  You might check into their product and shelf life.  I've been making my own so I won't be purchasing this.  But shelf life really is important, especially with the cost of these items, you don't want to waste any.

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:20:44 PM »
Thanks. I am too far away to order this mayo, but the link was helpful, and I looked at the cookbook - I could even order that thru Amazon Germany, and the reviews are very good.

I do not eat mayo often but maybe I make some mayo myself one day. If anybody tried this, which oil did you use? A high quality olive oil?

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »
Many interesting facts on what ingredients they use for this. Hope this works out for this young man.

Janknitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:01:15 AM »
Redhead, high quality olive oil makes the mayo very bitter. I use either avocado oil or light olive oil from a trusted source (you want to be sure it's really 100% olive oil).

If you look on YouTube you can find recipes to make mayo in 30 seconds using a stick blender (I've heard there's another term for the stick blender in Germany, but now I've forgotten what it is). 

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
@Janknitz
Thanks for reminding me. That is a good point. I am glad I did not buy mayo at the organic store today.
Do you mean a device like that?
http://www.amazon.de/Edelstahl-P%C3%BCrierstab-Geschwindigkeiten-Stabmixer-Zauberstab/dp/B005WUH6Y6

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »
See also lately:
MDA: The Quest for a Healthy Primal Mayonnaise
Another product soon, this once based on avocado oil.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
Redhead,

Yes, this is the tool.  It is also called an "immersion blender" or a "stick blender" here in the States.  This is a very useful tool.  I love it for pureeing soups, sauces and
nearly everything else that needs blending instead of using the blender.  You can puree your soup in the pot it cooks in instead of transferring the soup into the blender.  Sometimes I will remove a small portion of the soup before using the immersion tool so that I get the chunky effect for the finished product. 

It does not replace your mixer with detachable blades which you would use for lets say a cake or bread or egg whites.  I've used my immersion blender for about 15-20 years.   The first one burnt out, probably because I used it much to often to puree hot soup instead of letting the soup cool down a bit as the instructions tell you to do.  I'm more careful with the replacement now!  Many companies make this blender.  An inexpensive one works just as well as the more expensive ones in my opinion.  Most of the time the cost difference is mainly the additional containers of various sizes that are included with the package.  You can easily and economically purchase a tall, narrow container for most of your uses.  Making whipped cream or salad dressings is easy.  Even mayo.

Another thing I noticed is that when you puree part of your soup or even vegetables using this blender it incorporates the melded flavors better.  Your finished product has a wonderfully complex level of depth and richness with a lot less fuss and cleanup.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
This is off the topic of mayo, but I have an immersion blender that I use every day.  In fact, I had canned some applesauce a couple of years ago (w/o sugar) that I wanted to blend up a little more and it works great!  Grinds all those skins into smooth pulp.  Yup, this little gadget is a keeper!

Linda R

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »
This is off the topic of mayo, but I have an immersion blender that I use every day.  In fact, I had canned some applesauce a couple of years ago (w/o sugar) that I wanted to blend up a little more and it works great!  Grinds all those skins into smooth pulp.  Yup, this little gadget is a keeper!

Indeed!
Use mine every day.
First thing in the AM for BP Coffee.
Every time I make mayo, a priceless tool, whips up mayo in seconds!
Every time I make cream soups.
Mine came with a bowl for grinding as well and it works great for pork rinds, grated hard cheese, nuts, etc.

I don't know which utensil I would grab in case of a fire, my immersion blender or my Crock Pots! :) :) :)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:01 AM »
Very funny Linda! 

I would grab the crockpots because they aren't making the old type any more!  I've seen immersion blenders for as little as $15.  Sure, they don't come with all the other containers, but what the heck!

My first one was a Braun which lasted about 15 years.  My replacement is a Cuisinart which is now about 10 years old.  Sorry I hadn't spotted the inexpensive ones before I replaced the Braun.  The motor was still good, but the seal had disintegrated so you couldn't clean it and dried old crusts started dropping into whatever I was using it for.  At that time, Braun discontinued making them and you simply could not get any parts anywhere.    :(

Linda R

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »
Very funny Linda! 

I would grab the crockpots because they aren't making the old type any more!  I've seen immersion blenders for as little as $15.  Sure, they don't come with all the other containers, but what the heck!

My first one was a Braun which lasted about 15 years.  My replacement is a Cuisinart which is now about 10 years old.  Sorry I hadn't spotted the inexpensive ones before I replaced the Braun.  The motor was still good, but the seal had disintegrated so you couldn't clean it and dried old crusts started dropping into whatever I was using it for.  At that time, Braun discontinued making them and you simply could not get any parts anywhere.

My blender is a Cuisinart as well. seems to be quite a "workhorse".
k

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
@Barbara
Thanks for the explanations.

@all
If you ever look for this device in prime quality, this is the miracle tool in Europe:
http://www.amazon.com/Esge-M-100-D-Design/dp/B00361KSXO/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1418925694&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=esge+zauberstab

Here it is also available in more basic versions. Mine I think cost about 60-70 USD. It is made in Switzerland, and here we say that once you know this one, you don't want any other.

If you enter "ESGE Zauberstab" into the German amazon. you see more models.

littlbit

• View Profile
Re: Mayo
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
I haven't seen it anywhere but I used to use Vegenaise that I got at Whole Foods?  Is that allowed on WB?

HungryinTN

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »
Ingredients: (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-gmo) Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Filtered Water, Brown Rice Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Protein, Sea Salt, Mustard Flour, Lemon Juice

Between the canola oil, brown rice syrup, and soy protein, I think most of us wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  And what is mustard flour?  Sounds sketchy to me. 

[/size]

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
Well, I guess that answers that question.  I'll have to find something else until I get a chance to try to make my own.  I'm new at this so I'm learning as I go.  Thanks for the help.   :)

HungryinTN

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »
If you absolutely must have mayonnaise and aren't prepared to make it, this might be one of the less-bad options available in stores.  I've seen it at my local kroger.  http://www.amazon.com/Sir-Kensingtons-Mayonnaise-Classic-10/dp/B00LB99RL2/ref=sr_1_7?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1420658811&sr=1-7&keywords=mayonnaise.  The safety of sunflower oil is debatable, and it does contain some added sugar, but otherwise pretty benign and I would think sunflower oil is better than canola (though I'm not sure, to be honest).  I would consider it a transitional product.   

Linda R

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
Once you've made and tasted your own mayo, you'll never go back.

1 egg yolk, room temperature [discard egg white for thicker mayo]
1 tablespoon lemon juice, room temp.
1  teaspoon Dijon mustard

cup Classic olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
sweetener [optional]

Dump it all in a tall container for an immersion blender. Start on low and finish on high, takes less than a minute.
Awesome!

Double the recipe if more is needed.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Vegenaise
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
We have some ingredient identification inflation going on here:

Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil is actually from mutant GMO rapeseed, and is an Omega 6 PUFA industrial grain oil. This alone makes it a product worth avoiding.

Filtered Water: could easily be municipal tap water, fluoride and all

Brown Rice Syrup: is just a sugar, with any luck, without the WGA and full arsenic load of the source rice

Soy Protein: hmmm, where to begin ... haemagglutinin, high phytate levels, trypsin inhibitors, phytoestrogens

Sea Salt: all salt, ultimately, is sea salt. Sodium's the same. Trace minerals might vary, and are unlikely to matter. Fresh sea salt was evaporated from modern polluted sea water a few months ago. Geologic salt was evaporated from pristine prehistoric sea water some epochs ago.

Mustard Flour: EDL: "Mustard flour is just another name for mustard powder or dry mustard, which is composed of ground mustard seeds. "

Lemon Juice: hey, an honestly described ingredient (maybe).

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 08:00:56 AM »
The Wilderness Family sells a mayo made from approved oils as recommended by Mary Enig of Nourishing Traditions.  Just google "Wilderness Family Naturals" for more information.  They have a sugar free version as well.

HungryinTN

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 05:49:09 PM »
I should clarify that in my post I was suggesting a different mayonnaise available at the link I included further down in the text...looking back I think that was unclear...Still not a great option, but way better than either Helmans or the vegan option, IMHO, if mayo isn't something you're willing to give up or make. 

littlbit

• View Profile
Re: Mayo we can buy!- Progress so far.
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »
Oh, I definitely plan on making my own Mayo so I appreciate all the info.  I've already lost 4 lbs in the first 8 days so I'm happy with my start. 

As I am on a tight budget, I have tried using up the remainder of my foods in the fridge, though no grain or wheat has passed these lips since 1/2/2015. Unless some might be hidden in the stuff I'm trying to finish up (mostly a remainder  of cold cuts and 2 hotdogs).  The hotdogs are gone now so it's just a remainder of Boars Head Genoa Salami (yes, I know--still has nitrates and probably sugar).  And there is some ham from a large cooked ham I had made before I started the program.  I don't know if that kind of ham is not good for you or if it's allowed.  If it is not, my dogs will probably get the rest of it, in their food.  I've also been walking a mile a day so that has helped.  Went through the withdrawal symptoms and they have finally slowed down.  Get a craving for salt every so often, so I'll try to work on that.  Body temperature has been 96.2, 96.0, 96.4 and 96.7 respectively.  Not sure if that means I can have a "sluggish" thyroid or if that is just normal for me.  Anyway, my proudest moment was the other day when I had a bad day.  My past habits would always send me in search of comfort food which would always sideline me and throw me off track.  Oddly enough, my mind this time said, "Marianne, don't do it" and I didn't.  That was a huge step for me.  It's the first time I have been able to do that in God knows how long.   8)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 10:40:39 AM »
Littlbit,

Don't be concerned as much with the nitrates and nitrites.  You can finish the ham and any other foods you have in your pantry.  You do the best you can with the resources you have.  There are lots of great recipes posted on this blog and elsewhere on the internet.  As you go along, you will find you spend more $ on pastured, cage free eggs and free roaming chicken, BUT lots less on everything else.  You will be buying more veggies.  Dairy products, if you can have them, should transition to grass fed or at least organic where possible.  Try to find places in your area that sells these items at a reasonable cost.

There is a local supermarket chain here in Northern which sells some cuts of Australian grass fed beef and lamb for the same price as the beef and lamb on their shelves.  I was rather astonished to find this.  My meals are 1/2- 2/3 veggies and the rest an animal protein.  Cooked and cooled potatoes or rice in small amounts for the butyrate probiotic.  Everything is wheat/grain free, but sometimes there is some sugar in a jarred product like tomato sauce or even bacon.  No fructose in any form! 

As you clean your system, you will need some supplements.  Check Dr. Davis's blog for the list.  Also remember to drink plenty of water to help cleanse.

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »
Thanks Barbara.  That's what I'm trying to do and what I planned anyway.  Try to use it up a little at a time until it's gone.  I already have veggies and meat in the house.  I need to get some fruit and nuts, but other than that I think I'm on my way.  I know it will take time to fine tune it, but I'm motivated.  The target by me sells grass fed beef from 1000 Oaks Farms.  They have steaks, pot roasts, chop meat and all beef hot dogs (I'll have to check the labels on the HD's).  Otherwise I usually get my meat at Costco.  I'll buy Organic Chicken and their Organic Chop Meat.  The store by me sells Australian lamb which I also get from time to time.

I downloaded his book on kindle so I will go back and double check on the supplements.  That is the other thing I will add to my shopping list.

Barbara, thanks for all your help and tips.  I appreciate it.     Marianne

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
> ... finish the ham ...

Packaged deli meats almost always have sugars in them (even from the open piles behind the glass). Merely make sure you know the amount per slice/ounce, and mind net carbs when using them up.

> ... sometimes there is some sugar in a jarred product like tomato sauce ...

Pretty much anything with tomato is always going to show some sugar on the NF panel - it's in the tomato on the vine. The thing to seek out is no ADDED sugar (and no adverse alternatives to sugar). Check the organic aisle. We found several such brands that way a couple of days ago. Also watch out for the oils, and skip those using soybean and industrial grain oils. Olive oil is fine, if the claim is credible.

On the whole, it's almost easier to make your own sauce.
From backyard tomatoes for extra credit.
Don't cook in an aluminum pot (the acid dissolves it, and you'll be eating the resulting aluminum ions or salts).

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:37 AM »
According to Dr. Davis, sunflower and safflower oils should be eaten sparingly.   Too bad, Sir Kensington's Mayo looked promising for a ready made product.

Concerning tomato sauce, I have been purchasing the better quality brands.  "Victoria" is my favorite brand. Patsy's (Frank Sinatra's favorite restaurant) is another.   These are located with the other tomato sauces.  You do pay up for these, but it is really worth it.  These sauces are almost a good as homemade.  Their ingredients include tomato, olive oil, onion, garlic, spices, perhaps some wine or perhaps vodka and thats it.  No sugars or tomato paste or chemicals.  That is the reason you pay more.  These better quality sauces do go on sale and you can stock up then.  There isn't any harsh, acidic taste and it is certainly sweet enough on its own.  As Randal often says: there is a reason that cheap food is cheap.

I recently made a lasagna using Gourmet Girl Cooks recipe with grilled eggplant instead of wheat noodles.  It was just scrumptious!  The tomato sauce added a dimension of umami flavors.  Everyone had second and third portions, wondering why the dish tasted so good. 

HungryinTN

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »
According to Dr. Davis, sunflower and safflower oils should be eaten sparingly.   Too bad, Sir Kensington's Mayo looked promising for a ready made product.

Sparingly I can live with, as little as I use mayo. I don't have any plans of purchasing any, but if I needed some for a recipe (or a tuna salad craving) I'd probably be willing to buy a small jar of it.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »
From what I've read, our normal salt portions are usually low. So I don't really limit my salt (within reason), but I do make sure I'm using sea salt...the kind with more minerals (not white). I buy my sea salt at Whole Foods in bulk.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Low Salt: was a mistake
And resulted in reduce iodine intake (oops).
Plus, being low carb means we excrete more salt.
So, dial it up.

> ... but I do make sure I'm using sea salt...

All salt is sea salt, unless it's being made from pure sodium metal and pure chlorine gas by Martha Stewart.

It's just a question of how long it's been since it was seawater, and what the processing has done to it. Recently extracted salt from modern sea water raises some issues. If it's got any amount of trace non-salt content, it's probably also got contaminants (but it often has added iodide, a benefit). Geological salt formations, like those mined here in KS, were sea water a very long time ago. If delivered raw they usually have no native contams, but also no iodine.

The trace minerals in some coarse salts are of arguable benefit. We use the pinkish Himalayan stuff. I figure it can't hurt. Mercola sells a Himalayan salt, but frankly his page promoting it looks like nutri-babble to me.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
Boundless, the salt we use from Whole Foods is pinkish too. Do you think it's Himalayan?

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »
> ... the salt we use from Whole Foods is pinkish too. Do you think it's Himalayan?

Hard to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_salt

What claims did Whole Paycheck put on the container?

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »
Don't remember Boundless. I'll check next trip. It's a couple of hours away for us.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 05:12:45 AM »
I've noticed recently locally sourced sea salt being sold in our health food stores....but I'm reluctant to purchase due to our questionable water quality. In the meantime, I'll stick with the pink Himalayan even though my husband doesn't think it's salty enough.

http://www.floridakeysseasalt.com/WHERE_TO_PURCHASE.php

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 05:58:34 AM »
Hi Jan,

Check out http://www.realsalt.com for salt mined from an ancient sea in central Utah.  I have been using it along with Himalayan Pink salt instead of sea salt.
Like you, I am concerned about water pollution contaminating the salt.  This is available on line and even in stores.  I purchased the shaker jar and a little goes a long way.  It is mild like sea salt. 

What I like is that the salt is probably mined and packaged in a much cleaner manner than the salts from Pakistan.  It also is an American product, so the $ helps our economy.  It contains many minerals like the Himalayan salt so you are not compromising.  The fine ground is still a bit coarse for some shakers, but I just used my coffee grinder to make the flakes a bit smaller. 

littlbit

• View Profile
Re: Flours
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »
As to tomato sauce, I always make my own.  I use Organic Tomato paste and then add two to three cups of my own home made stock plus a can of water.  Always comes out great.  I usually make a big pot and then "can" it so I can use it as needed.

My most recent headache is flours.  Before I started Wheat Belly, I had purchased several bags of gluten free flours, the ones that are now unfortunately on the no no list (i.e. teff flour, millet, and buckwheat).  I just can't throw these out as they are almost all full.  I was looking forward to gluten free baking, but I guess they are high in carbs.  Also, what about buckwheat flour?  Any suggestions on how I can use these if I can at all?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
Littlbit,

You can use them up.  Add some of these flours to whatever almond flour recipe you are using.  About 1/4 cup instead of all almond flour.  There are recipes specifically calling for these flours. 

It is mainly the higher carb values that causes the concern.  Teff flour is good for injera bread, a pliable flat naan type of Ethiopian bread used to scoop up food and sauces.  Buckwheat flour has a fairly strong taste so you might not want to substitute it for almond flour unless the recipe calls for it.  Millet is mild and should not alter the taste much at all.  Store these flours tightly sealed in your refrigerator and they will keep for a long time.

These flours are not as high in carbs as some of the other gluten free ones like potato flour, arrowroot or tapioca.  When you do use them for baking, just calculate the basic carb count you are eating and try to make adjustments in the rest of your food selection. 

Another hint:  always purchase the  GOLDEN flax seeds or flour if you are using flax.  This has a milder taste than plain flax.  If you have a coffee grinder, then use it to grind the seeds fresh everytime you need the flour since it gets rancid quickly. 

You sure are making excellent strides in changing your way of eating.   :)

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »
It's funny, but I had already decided to pretty much do what you suggested.  I have already  mixed some of these flours with my Almond flour.  Admittedly, I didn't measure exactly like I could have but decided right now to focus mainly on eliminating the grains and focus more on the carbs as I transition over time. 

As I go forward, I will  use up things that I already had before WB but keeping away from the pasta, whole wheat, potatoes, rice, rolls, pastry, etc.  If the weight loss slows down, I'll have to backtrack and focus to figure what caused it and  eliminate something. It's all a process, but I am plugging along.  Weight loss stopped for a few days.  Didn't gain anything back, but didn't lose any more.  Finally this a.m showed I lost about 8 oz.  I have a Health-O-Meter scale so it pretty much shows you everything.  It's a process.  Thanks for the info.   :)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »
Dr. Davis reposted an older WBB thread on FB today regarding the consumption of non-wheat carbs....you might find it helpful....especially read the comment section.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/09/can-i-eat-quinoa-carb-counting-basics/

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 03:51:29 AM »
Jan,

To address the issue of your husband not finding enough "salty" taste from himalayan salt, you might try using a finishing salt such as Maldon.  This is a famous flaked salt, either smoked or plain, that is sprinkled on food just before serving or at the table.  It is mined in England and a purveyor to the Queen.

The large, but very thin flakes add a dimension of flavor without the harsh saltiness of the table salt we grew up on.  It works wonders on grilled foods.  Most of the better steak houses use this technique.  Maldon Sea Salt can be found in many stores or online.  For more info : http://www.maldonsalt.co.uk./.
There are other brands of flaked finishing salt such as Jacobsen's which is mined from a bay in Oregon.  http://www.jacobsensseasalt.com.

I noticed I am using a lot more salt now than I used before WB.  I am also appreciating the differences of quality salts verses ordinary table salt.  You get an enhanced flavor in foods without the burning sensation of table salt.  I use a small covered salt cellar and found my tiny baby spoons instead of placing my fingers in the salt to get a pinch of it.  Old sugar bowls and spoons work as well.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 04:44:40 AM »
Thanks Barbara.....I'll check into that brand. I usually keep a carton of kosher salt around for him to use.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »

FYI:

www.thrivemarket.com has added a mayo made with avocado oil.  This is by Mark Sisson (Primal Kitchen) and has all the good ingredients we would like in our mayo such as cage free eggs and no sugar.

About $10 for a 12 oz. jar, but it is on an introductory special at the moment so it costs less than $8.  Probably worth looking into.

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
Bad link there.
It's
https://thrivemarket.com/
and I couldn't see any detail without hacking the site or getting an account.
Even with all their cloud junk turned off, I couldn't find the mayo.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
Boundless,

Thanks for fixing the link.  Using their search engine, type in "Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo" and it should display the item.  It is on sale for $7.45 for 12 oz. 

This place ships free with $50 order.  Also, you can google the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil and find various sites, recipes and other info on this product.  I didn't read all of the listings, but seems that Thrive Market is one of the first to sell this product.

littlbit

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »
I finally received my jar of this.  It's not too bad, except that I found it a little too salty for my taste.  I'm sure the added salt is too help keep it preserved.  I added some Stevia to the jar just to cut the salty taste and balance out the flavors.  I bought 2 jars as I knew the price would eventually go up.  It's not too bad.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »

Sponsored Links