This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Carbs anomaly?  (Read 925 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Carbs anomaly?
« on: October 25, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »
Hey y'all. I've been out of pocket awhile and not keeping up too much with the forum. Looking forward to reading all the posts.

Have been stuck on the same weight for three weeks, despite 45-60 minutes of exercise (mostly cardio but some strength training, which I'm going to increase this week coming up). %body fat (as measured by my Aria scale, which my trainer said was in agreement with his device) had been down but was back up by 3/10 of a percentage point.

Last night we had an alumni gala and while our food service director has done a great job lately having something very tasty that I can eat that is low carb (and there were some great choices), there was also a mashed potato bar. Red potatoes with skin and a separate sweet potato. She told me that the sweet potatoes had sugar so I'd probably want to stay away from that for sure. But I did have a mashed red potato martini. It was so good--that's why I can't trust myself to eat cold/raw potatoes as resistant starch. Love them so much and it is so easy to overeat them. No control with potatoes.

Well, I expected to have movement in my weight this morning, in the wrong direction. Instead I was down 2 full pounds and over this week with the strength training I've dropped 2/10 of a percent in body fat.  Not dehydrated either

Just a blip perhaps but maybe I will be able to buy a couple of new blouses and pairs of pants before my Hawaii trip in mid-December.

I do believe that cardio alone isn't the ticket, but I feel like I haven't accomplished anything unless I've walked 10000 steps for the day and been on the elliptical for at least 20 minutes.

Randal

• View Profile
Re: Carbs anomaly?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »
Lila, be careful about doing too much cardio. You might want to check out what Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) says about "chronic cardio" and the adverse effects it can have on weight. 20 minutes sounds like a good amount; I usually never do more than 30.

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
What he said!  You could be telling your body that you are under stress, causing it to produce cortisol and retain fat. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »

Sponsored Links