This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: wheat grass  (Read 1388 times)

tamalaska

• View Profile
wheat grass
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:31:24 AM »
I`ve recently started a grain free diet and have a question about wheat grass or barley grass that is added to supplements or juices. Are these harmful?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: wheat grass
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
They should be avoided.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »
Yes, avoid them....Dr. Davis, back in 2011 in a WBB post said that wheatgrass contains wheat germ agglutinine which is quite toxic to the bowels.

tamalaska

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
Thanks very much :)

Redhead65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
Thanks for the warning. I had bought some wheatgrass before I started going wheatfree. I will throw out the weatgrass. I had completely forgotten about it. (The packet is small.)

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »
> ... wheat grass or barley grass that is added to supplements or juices. Are these harmful?

Wheat grass is definitely harmful (WGA). Both aren't even seeds of grasses - they are flat out grasses. We aren't ruminants, aspirations of vegans to the contrary notwithstanding.

These grasses and their sprouts are often touted as "superfoods" but I've never seen anyone explain what that is supposed to mean or what evidence supports the wishful thinking.

If these grasses are present in combination with anything else, they present the additional problem that whoever formulated what they are in has NO IDEA what they are doing.  You need to assume that the product, product line and brand may be loaded with random junk ranging from useless (a waste of your money) to flat out toxic.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »

Sponsored Links