This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Food & Complexion  (Read 1188 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Food & Complexion
« on: November 01, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Does any of this sound familiar?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/31/10-worst-foods-for-your-skin/?intcmp=ob_homepage_health&intcmp=obnetwork

I know my skin (adult acne/rosacea) has measurably improved since going low carb and grain free.

HRDVM

• View Profile
Re: Food & Complexion
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
Yes! I finally figured out that I get a break out within a couple of hours of eating chocolate. And, a few years ago, my skin got really dry and flaky (I was on an ultra low fat diet at the time). It's never gotten better, despite various dietary changes and lots of different topical things, until I went gluten free (including discontinuing my gluten-containing make up) and lower carb, higher fat a couple of months ago. Now,it's starting to look smooth and soft again  :)

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
My complexion, too, improved a lot! Haven't had blemishes since my 20's, but the texture of my skin changed.  My eczema, however, has NOT improved.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »
Well! Proof positive that grain affects complexion.

After a year of being grain-free, 4 days in San Antonio and indulging in wheat-free but not grain-free Mexican fare, I now have 4 or 5 blemishes where once there were none. Probably the margaritas didn't help either.

This week I will de-tox and hopefully be back to normal in a week or so.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »

Sponsored Links